The Resistance: Avalon - 2019 Match 2 Game Thread

This is a great point. If I spotlight Snebmi, then he votes success, then the mission double fails, then I know two evils.

1. Because you want to be picked for the 5th, since there was no way the 4th was going to fail.
  2. above
  3. above
  4. Cards really didn’t matter in this game.

I think the good are pretty much in agreement now.

And now’s the point in the game where Evil tries to ramrod their narrative on us, got it.

Good, pay attention here. Cards will be critical in this 5th mission, as we try to figure out the right team. To say they’re meaningless is pretty fricking bizarre. The NC and CP cards will be extremely critical.

And good is in agreement…that I’m evil apparently? When did that happen? Nice attempt to drive things though.

People seem to be in agreement that X is most likely. Do you have a scenario you think is more likely that will convince us?

Allow me to add one more point on how X doesn’t make sense:

Why would all 3 of us vote YES on team 2b, knowing 2 evils were on the team? Why would we ever do that?

I’m just reading the room. Could be wrong.

But yeah, since we were landing on a block of 4 goods (if X is true) it didn’t matter who held the NCs.

We were in (mostly agreement) that the OC would be used by you to vet me.

This makes no sense at all. We don’t know the right players to pick for our teams. The NC cards absolutely MUST be in good hands in order to cancel a team that appears to have an evil on it, based on the team voting. You’ve said the cards don’t matter at all, which is just bizarre. I honestly hadn’t considered you evil until now but what on earth are you talking about?

And an evil player would have just handed that card over, allowing good to figure things out, instead of sacrificing themselves to kill the card?

I don’t understand what you’re saying. Can you explain?

Well, I think Dave has voted yes on every single team. As he regularly does.

At this stage I don’t think anyone will act without consensus. It’d be a dead giveaway.

If an evil player was the leader for team 5 and the OC card popped up, they’d give it to someone that couldn’t use it to figure the mess out. Like in this case, give it to Casey, as both Kane and Dave have effectively called him evil. The evil leader then picks a crap team, killing the first team attempt for good. That’s when the NC and CP cards come into play too. We have very limited tries to make a good team.

Great, now explain why both Casey and I would vote Yes on a team that had 2 evils on it? With no way of avoiding a double fail.

It’s not X, it’s U. I don’t really have any proof at this point, and no good explanation about why Dave let 2 slide given the easy opportunity to spike it, other than being a weirdo – and it looks like it’s going to work :(.

We won’t need many tries. We just have to pick the most likely scenario and go with it. There’s no other information available to us.

I definitely like scenario X. That’s where I’d put my vote, unless someone can offer something for one of the others.

It’s like we haven’t played this dozens of times. When did team votes suddenly become meaningless at the very end? I’m kind of in favor of scenario U but I can’t figure out why both you and soon have suddenly started acting strangely. You can’t both be evil.

Expectation or hope that I’d resolve the double fail problem by spotlighting one of you? You had a great chance but I chose Snebmi.

When evil knows they have to game them to win?