The Resistance: Avalon - 2019 Match 2 Game Thread

Bleh, I give up. Whatever evil did to pull this off, bravo.

Yeah, in the absence of information we have no way to defeat weirdos, just gotta go with the most probable explanation and hope for the best.

You leave me off the team, we’re going to lose. I’ll vote for it though, just to end this.

@rho21 has been typing a while. My interest is piqued!

Well, rho is leader and has to pick a team. Can’t be an easy decision when the game hangs in the balance.

I’m pretty convinced that we can discard all of V, Y and Z as possibilities. It seems highly unlikely there was only one evil on team 2, and I accept scott’s justifications too. That means that one of rowe and Snebmi is evil.

So there’s no way that OC was going to rowe to vet Snebmi as things now stand (we were discussing that before the team for 4 was known). I think I would have given it to soon to check Kane. Perhaps the ideal choice would have been to vote down the team we just had so scott could draw the potential OC. Oh well, not relevant now.

The leader doesn’t get to use OC. In fact, if scott was leader, he couldn’t have checked Kane.

I mean that scott could then have given it to me to check rowe.

Still, hindsight and all that. As it stands, I believe we have at least 3, probably 4 good leaders in a row to try to find the right team and we didn’t draw the OC anyway.

Yeah, I’m guessing that no matter which team we choose, everyone will vote for it, then shout that it must contain two evils. That’s what I mean when I say the votes aren’t going to tell us anything.

We can let this one go all the way to 4D this time though, right, as there’s no way for more than one of Rho, Scott, and Soon too be evil?

It’s a right pain that we’ve ended up with literally all of our information cards with at least one side evil and the entire chain anchored by someone we know to be evil. I’m wondering how much that’s bad luck and how much evil design to make it as difficult for us as possible. I’m certainly a bit more suspicious of Snebmi choosing Dave for the establish confidence than I was at the time.

One more note, then I have no idea how you can all ignore all the evidence I’ve given:

Why did Casey and I both vote No to team 1a, in which there’d only be 1 evil? Why did Casey again vote No on team 1b, which also would have 1 evil? Is he just bad at the game?

At the time, we all agreed everyone on M2 was equally Good. Everyone was on board with it. Dave had no negatives at the time. Plus, I (told you I) randomized it.

I understand that it doesn’t count for much now but if I was Dave and I knew Snebmi was Evil and spotlighted, I’d fail it in a heartbeat because there is literally no reason not to.

If every Evil voted according to Evil every time, this game would be easier. Plus there’s Mordred.

Donkeyspace.

What on earth did I do that was evil this game then? Besides being on a failed team 3, which I didn’t pick. What else? Point to literally one thing I did that makes me evil. Because every action I’ve taken, every vote, seems to indicate otherwise.

Easier at that point just to fail mission 2 when I spotlight Snebmi, right? Evil goes up 2-0, we have only 1 claimed evil and another hidden among 3 players.

Plus, scott, there’d be no evidence I was Evil. The last one could be in rho or soon as well.

Yes, that’s what I mean. All we would know is that one of Kane / Casey are evil and one of Scott / Rowe / Dave are evil. That’s five possibilities out of eight, with evil up 2-0. We (good) would be dead.