The Resistance: Avalon - 2019 Match 2 Game Thread

You need to cut back on the real life. That stuff eats far too much time. ;)

It’s bedtime for me now and I’m still very conflicted. I think I’ll sleep on it and propose a team tomorrow morning. I hate holding things up, but this is a really crunch decision. It also gives Kane a chance to chip in if there’s anything to add.

I do have one more thought to add though: I think Kane is much more likely to be good than Casey.
Snebmi called Casey evil. If Snebmi’s good then obviously that’s true. If Snebmi’s evil it could be a lie, naturally. But if I were evil in that situation, I’d be telling the truth either way: far better to get a clean break by throwing my teammate (whichever one it is) under the bus in that situation, especially with an establish confidence about to resolve on me.

TL;DR: I’ve now convinced myself that the good players are myself, scott, soon, Kane and one of rowe and Snebmi. Down to just two rows in my table to pick between.

Tough choice. Do go with the one that gave the OU to an evil player (used to open up to himself), then used EC to show another evil player his card? Or the player that proposed a successful team, made sure all the cards went to good players, and a good player handed out mission 5 cards?

Whatever your choice, I’ll vote for the team, like I said earlier.

thoughtful.gif

I think that’s legitimate. We need to make the right choices here. I think X makes the most sense, but obviously I would say that.

In the meantime, can I ask a question?

How are we such good knights that we only fail in our quests if someone actively sabotages us?

Are we going to add plot cards and missions to BSG?! Would be amazing - could work a mission in each time we jump!

No but I thought I might add my Crazy Rules.

For what it’s worth, I’ve come around to thinking that Rowe is good and Snebmi is most likely to be evil. (Scenario W for those playing the home game).

If I were Rho, I’d rerun the last mission—I think it has all of the good players on it.

I know Casey is evil because I saw his card, and the fact that someone else confirmed him as evil (even if it was evil Snebmi) suggests that I am telling the truth.

If Casey is evil, then either Rowe or Snebmi must be evil. Honestly, other than his conclusion that I am evil and Casey is good, I found Rowes analysis in the ton of posts above to be quite persuasive.

Sorry to have been not as loud as some this game. It is harder to post than it used to be (several years ago), now that Qt3 is blocked at work, plus I’ve got an infant to take care of.

Do you have a good answer for why Dave didn’t take a wide-open opportunity to fail the mission?

Besides, what kind of false knight would I be to completely sacrifice Casey, if we were both Evil? Only one scenario has Casey being Good.

But I don’t think there’s much else I can say. I was vetted by an Evil. Which kind of makes my vetting worthless. Except for my first argument.

Seriously, I would not pass up a chance to fail a mission to go up 2-0, despite reports of my so-called erraticicity.

I love that word.

Edit: I will make a wall of “The Best of Dave Perkins.” If someone has already made one, stop me.

On one hand X (Rowe + Dave) makes the most logical sense, and should it end up being wrong I will comfort myself with the excuse that we lacked the knowledge tools to defeat the mighty Dave-errant.

On the other hand the gleeful denial of his perverse ways has me all weirded out. It’s super effective!

Looks as though we have an even split right now, discounting the players I’m pretty certain are evil.

I’m going to stick with what my gut tells me: that the chain of information to Dave is much more likely to have been by design than by chance. Perhaps that’s just me trusting the numbers more because I studied maths, perhaps I’m about to drag us all down to a loss with a pet theory I should have discarded.

So, let’s hand the cards to @scottagibson (as Snebmi says, he’s the only sensible choice for the Strong Leader) and then try the same team as mission 4: @rowe33, @rho21, @scottagibson, @soondifferent, @CF_Kane.

I’m voting no, obviously. This team will lose us (Good) the game.

Here’s a note for 8-player: if you are not on this final team, you must vote no or you are acknowledging your Evil-ness. As this team requires five people and we have five Good, etc. I just wanted to mention that because in 10-player, you can hope you’re the sixth Good, but here, you can’t. I would be suspicious of anyone not on the team who voted yes. Well, I’m suspicious of the other two on the team and I’ve seen one of their cards…I’d be extra-suspicious.

Thought I should mention that for people who don’t play often IRL.

Edit: still nobody has given another reason for why Dave wouldn’t fail M2 other than that he forgot to.

One of the two people you’re talking to you’ve seen the card of and called evil. The other one has been proved as evil. Not really sure who you’re talking to there. :)

I’m saying for both this team and a future one of this gets rejected, plus consoling myself if I vote the same way as two Evils.

I wasn’t 100% sure of Snebmi but it’s definitely quirky to be talking to the two people he knows are evil as if they might be good. And the consolidation of info around Casey, Dave, and Snebmi with the OU and EC cards is just too damning.

My anticipation was that if the team is rejected me, Casey, and Dave and someone else it’s because of that.

Plus as I’m hoping this team will be rejected I want to set the ground for future team selections this game.

And it makes me a little sad when this thread is too quiet.

I agree @Snebmi is being weird and evil. I picked him as the target of Open Up because I wanted to be at the tail end of the chain of trust, and at the time I thought we had a clean mission 2 team.

Now he’s sitting here implicating me and @Dave_Perkins as his fellow evils with “helpful” voting tips and it’s about to work.

About to work how? We haven’t even seen team votes yet.