The Resistance: Avalon - 2019 Match 2 Game Thread

Team 5A
@rho21 (leader)
@rowe33
@scottagibson
@soondifferent
@CF_Kane

Accepting all votes.

@soondifferent if you choose to use Chicago Proxy please announce in channel.

I figure it’s better to get my compalints in before the votes are cast.

Scott, you have an NC and arguably the most power right now. What scenario are you leaning towards?

What do you mean by the most power? Possibly the most trusted player?

He has an NC. I just mean I want to know what he’s planning to do with it.

I think rho has one too, but it’s rho’s team so I know what page he’s on.

Plus I’ve been compiling a list of which scenario each player is saying is right, because I can’t keep it in my head:

rho21: W
scottagibson: Unclear
soondifferent: X
CF_Kane: W
CaseyRobinson: U
Dave_Perkins: ???
Snebmi: X
rowe33: U

If I’m wrong about anyone’s opinion, I’m happy to edit the list, this is just what I collected based on posts so far. Scott is the only one I don’t have (that I want to have, I’m not counting Dave) plus he has an NC and an SL. That’s all I meant.

Weird, it’s almost as if it’s a really good idea to have those cards in good hands!

Why is Casey in your list?

Because he’s voiced on opinion. Dave hasn’t. Just because I know he’s Evil doesn’t mean he doesn’t have a vote. Dave is Evil in every scenario we are considering. Casey is Good in Scenario U (even if I know it’s not true).

I am not sure why I would voice any opinions at this juncture.

I’ll count you, Dave - if you would like to opine. I’d hate for anyone to be left out, even if they’re morally misguided.

Actually just for fun I’ll take Casey’s vote with Chicago Proxy if it’s not too late. @Lantz
If it is, not a big deal.

EDIT on second thought I won’t. @lantz

Maybe it’s better if I don’t say. Compiling a list of people’s thoughts at this point might be counterproductive. For good, anyway.

I guess so, but I felt it was okay because the posts were all out there. If someone cares to find it they can look through the posts. I only counted direct “I believe THIS is the most likely!” posts. But if you’d like to keep your opinion private, that’s up to you. We’ll know soon enough anyway, with the vote.

Team 5A Vote Results
@rho21 (leader)
@rowe33
@scottagibson
@soondifferent
@CF_Kane

@rho21 - Yes
@scottagibson - Yes
@soondifferent - No
@CF_Kane - Yes
@CaseyRobinson - No
@Dave_Perkins - No
@Snebmi - No
@rowe33 - Yes

@scottagibson please propose team 5B.

You were originally going to have Casey vote No on this? Any particular reason why it came up? I would say it’d be illogical for an evil person to vote No on this final team, if they’re on it, so this clears your allegiance up a bit for me.

All -> Note that having the NC cards in good hands means that evil can’t pile on a team that has an evil player on it, and stack the vote. We could end up with a team with all 8 voting Yes if evil had those cards, with no way to stop it.

Rowe did you still think soon could be Evil? I thought we had decided it was X, W, or U.

I guess you can never be certain. I would agree this only makes sense for a Good person.

I’d say only our evil companions know the full story until the very end.

Well, we have a few Good players who might, but they may not have the full story. Likewise Evil is missing a few key pieces of information as well (or so we hope).

Right, and I must say that you sound like one of those evil players, fishing for a Merlin.

@Lantz, Can I confirm that this is the card situation?

Card Update:
@rho21 No Confidence
@scottagibson No Confidence, Strong Leader, Useless Eye
@soondifferent Chicago Proxy
@CF_Kane
@CaseyRobinson
@Dave_Perkins
@Snebmi
@rowe33

And I must ask how that would draw out Merlin? We’re all split into groups right now as it seems. I just meant that there are things the Evils don’t know. Even last game, when Merlin knew every Evil by Mission 1 he still missed Percival. That’s what I like about full Avalon: nobody has everything. I’ve never gotten to play with Oberon or Mordred IRL.

I’m actually sorry if that post sounded like fishing for Merlin, I even avoided saying his name after seeing instances of this. Openly discussing who Merlin is is Evil. Saying “If X is a spy Lantz is Merlin” is Evil. Saying that there is one or more Good players with information doesn’t sound like fishing to me, but if I’m wrong, I’m sorry.