The Resistance: Avalon + The Plot Thickens Forum Game #??

Normally I’d 100% agree with you but I could have the unique chance to make sure we pass mission 2 if both Thraeg & Ot are Good, pretty much putting the nail in Evil’s coffin.

But it probably works better for the other Good folks to do the chain so probably makes more sense to have Thraeg check Dave .

This was “settled” in game 13 :P

Ah, okay, sorry. We’ll use Keeping an Eye that way, then. Before results are revealed.

To be clear, we can play either way, I just want to make sure everyone’s on the same page.

We already have some information about Dave (played a success card), not that it’s exactly decisive. Also Dave did choose Thraeg for the first card. Obviously someone had to be chosen, but it might be best to break out of the group and have me check Ot.

Agree, break out of the group, and extend our knowledge! Build a chain.

Are you ok with being part of that chain?

I’m assuming you would, being a servant of Arthur and all.

I’ll give the OC card to Thraeg, requesting that he check out Dave’s loyalty. @Snebmi

This does not extend the chain outside the group we are already pretty cool with. :(

Confirming that @Thraeg has Overhear Conversation. Thraeg, who would you like to overhear?

I am less cool with the group than others though, including at least one Evil voter, but I am guessing there’s more than one that approved Team One!

Evil’s gonna evil!

I really think @rho21 may have been the better choice. Or having Dave check Thraeg.

Sigh.

This gives us the least to gain. The others had more potential, including the potential to solidify our confidence in the first loyalty peek. This just gives us another one off, because what are the odds three evils would be in a row like that (and would want to tie themselves together like so)

Also y’all keep giving all the cards to Thraeg. I understand being nice to the newbie but that is a bit extreme, don’t you think ;)

If Dave turns out to be Good then we have two definite Good folks for me to bring on mission 2. Would have to get lucky with the 4th member but it always works out that way.

That is true, but you said it yourself, at least one evil voted for the team.

Now, however, you may be evil. But you voted no, though you stood to gain if the team went through. And you could logically place yourself on the team. But let’s take the position you are good. Just because Thraeg can vet Dave does not guarantee that you would have two additional good players to take with yourself.

And, really, what are the odds of four good players in a row?

Well they’d either both be good or the whole chain would be evil. I don’t think we do have 4 good in a row but I’ll find out soon enough if we have 3.

I don’t get that. Having two people check Thraeg tells us about Thraeg and no one else. Having Thraeg check someone else gives us a three person chain which most likely tells us about two people.

How do you figure. It’s possible for other combinations to exist. Obviously if Thraeg is evil, so must Ot. But if such a condition exists then it does not follow Dave must be evil (even if Thraeg says he is good)

Likewise, presupposing Thraeg says Dave is good, having someone else verify Dave is good does not ipso facto price Or is good.

It is entirely possible for Ot to be evil, while the other two are good, Ot and Thraeg to be evil and Dave good, or all three evil or all three good. Nothing Thraeg says would be dispositive, and later verification of Dave would only eliminate the three evil possibility

A chain is basically always best for good when there’s no other significant uses of a loyalty check card (e.g. failed teams).