The Resistance: Avalon + The Plot Thickens Forum Game #??

I’ll pass.

I’m in!

I’d like to play, if there’s room.

Bit late on this, but that was more or less my thinking. I figured most Evils, and maybe especially a newer player, wouldn’t want to risk going down by 2 and so would vote Fail. I also thought the risk of a double failure at that point when both Thraeg and I were already suspicious was almost as bad as a second successful mission.

I’ll pass on the next game. I’ll be away again early next month, only this time without any internet at all.

I’ll play, assuming my spot isn’t needed for someone who wasn’t in the last game.

Same here!

I assume this is a Resistance game?

Thanks for the offer, but I will sit this one out!

I’ll play if there’s room etc.

Hmm, so listening to last weeks GWJ podcast I came across something that may be worth mixing in the rotation

https://boardgamegeek.com/video/79031/deception-murder-hong-kong/dice-tower-review-deception-murder-hong-kong

Pros:
Moderator can play, Forensic Scientist is mechanically the moderator
There is no end game logic solved but go through the motions
May work better as PBF than in person due to the absence of physical tells and tics, and reduce metagaming from that (especially from the FS role)
Quicker turnaround, due to lack of voting
Still get to shank someone if you want
No useless cards
Less chance driven
Cons:
May not have copy at game store
Fewer special roles
Mechanical ‘cleanness’ also makes it more deduction critical
Less lucky or Hail Mary plays

Thoughts?

I’ll also play if there’s room, or thunderdome, etc.

I’ll spin this off in the forum game thread.

I think that’s interesting and worth a go, I’d be happy to play.

@Lantz

Player sign-ups:
CaseyRobinson
scottagibson
rowe33
Snebmi
CF_Kane
Dave Perkins
rho21
soondifferent (if I read that comment correctly)

Also @Perky_Goth?

It would take more focus to get into all the nuance than I can give it right now, and there’s other things that need priority.
Thanks, maybe a while from now.

My only thought is that you should stop forgetting that you’re playing in the Rome game.

I’m going to give this until tonight to see if we can fill up the game because I think 10 is a lot better, but otherwise we’ll role with 8 tonight.

We will be replacing the two:
(2) Opinion Maker: You must Vote first and publicly for the rest of the game

With
(2) Chicago Proxy: You may play this card before a Party Vote to take away one player of your choice’s vote and vote twice yourself.

What do you think of this card? I don’t mean to play with for this game, but just in general:

That Never Happened: Cancel the effects of a played plot card (ie, someone plays No Confidence, you play That Never Happened, they lose the No Confidence but the team goes through anyway).

Also, if we have eight players, we remove a Loyal Servant and Oberon, correct?

Get it!