The Resistance: Avalon + The Plot Thickens Forum Game #??

We’re pre-sleeper phase so Thraeg only has one loyalty card so it seem inefficient to have it checked twice by the same person…

No, my bad, I have it backwards. Inclined to give OC to Thraeg so he can check Ot, sorry. That way their fates are intertwined so they’re both either Good or Evil with no discrepancy.

Keeping a Close Eye is used after a mission, if this had failed Thraeg could still use it.

I’m usually the one calling out others for screwing up the cards - I’m rusty!

It is used before the mission success/failure is announced. It has to be used before the mission result cards are “shuffled” so it has to be used before they are turned over. So once you announced success (or failure if that had been the case) it could not be used. The moderator should query the card holder(s) before announcing the results.

That said, it doesn’t hurt for the player to remind the moderator that they might use it during the vote process.

The way I’ve always played it is if you use it, you hand the player a Success/Fail pair and they just give you the one they used, you don’t have to announce its use before the results are revealed. If you would like, we can play you have to announce it but the way I’ve seen it in other threads you don’t.

I’d argue for using the cards to spread out our knowledge, not confine it to people who have already shown the hallmarks of being good.

Ultimately it is the moderator’s call, but we’ve always played that it is pre-reveal. It seems to massively upgrade the card’s powers if you get to only use it on failed missions. We should definitely get a ruling from you before the next vote so everyone can adjust strategy.

The Eye is a pre-reveal card. Team members submit votes first, then Eye holder decides if he wants to examine one, then that one is revealed if so.

Make a chain. If Otis checked Thraeg, then have someone check Otis, or have Thraeg check someone else.

Normally I’d 100% agree with you but I could have the unique chance to make sure we pass mission 2 if both Thraeg & Ot are Good, pretty much putting the nail in Evil’s coffin.

But it probably works better for the other Good folks to do the chain so probably makes more sense to have Thraeg check Dave .

This was “settled” in game 13 :P

Ah, okay, sorry. We’ll use Keeping an Eye that way, then. Before results are revealed.

To be clear, we can play either way, I just want to make sure everyone’s on the same page.

We already have some information about Dave (played a success card), not that it’s exactly decisive. Also Dave did choose Thraeg for the first card. Obviously someone had to be chosen, but it might be best to break out of the group and have me check Ot.

Agree, break out of the group, and extend our knowledge! Build a chain.

Are you ok with being part of that chain?

I’m assuming you would, being a servant of Arthur and all.

I’ll give the OC card to Thraeg, requesting that he check out Dave’s loyalty. @Snebmi

This does not extend the chain outside the group we are already pretty cool with. :(