The Resistance: Avalon + The Plot Thickens Forum Game #??

I assume we’re still allowed to discuss matters once voting is open.

As voting up for the first team seems to be being regarded as a negative action, I suppose I should explain my reasoning. I voted up because even if the team turned out to have someone evil on it they would probably allow the quest to pass, to avoid giving too many certainties to other players on the team. At the same time, I didn’t think there would be all that much information gained by choosing another team so it would better to try to bank a success.

Evidently you are wrong, as this is what happened. He and Ott are on the next team.

Oh, I admit the possibility. I just think it unlikely.

Fair enough. :)

Waiting for a vote from @Dave_Perkins.

Team 2A is approved!

Dave Perkins: No
rowe33: Yes
CraigM: Yes
CF_Kane: Yes
CaseyRobinson: No
Lantz: No
scottagibson: No
rho21: Yes
Otthegreat: Yes
Thraeg: Yes

I’ll pause to ask @CraigM and @Thraeg if they would like to use No Confidence. If both want to, CraigM gets priority because he is first in the order and Thraeg’s card will be saved.

Six yes votes means trouble. I’d kill this one.

I concur.

For the record, since last time:

No -> Yes:
Rowe
Craig

Yes -> No:
Dave
Casey

Yes -> Yes:
CF_Kane
Rho
Ott
Thraeg

No -> No:
Lantz
Scott

For my own reasons I voted yes, and am disinclined to NC it.

There is a risk, but also a lot of potential value here. And I get the next set of cards. And, realistically, it would be hard for me to nominate a set that didn’t include team 1 members, and Thraeg and Ot are the most logical choices. Rowe is an unknown to me, but I know myself. Is an unknown Rowe really better than any other? I would have likely selected a fourth from among the team 1 no votes, and he fits the bill. So if not Rowe, than probably you.

Here’s the interesting thing, if Dave is indeed evil he voted no. Now, obviously, he can’t very well vote for a team with Thraeg or Ot.

I do not NC this team.

Thraeg has said he will not play No Confidence. @rowe33, @Thraeg, @Otthegreat, and @CraigM please send your secret mission votes. Even if you are Good, I still need your vote. Good must vote Success and Evil may vote Success or Fail.

Thank you for that!

I would like to say that even if you are Loyal, I still need your Success/Fail vote so users cannot metagame about who has actually voted. Let’s say I am good, and I don’t send the moderator my vote because, why should I? I’m good, I vote Success anyway. And let’s say that I don’t visit the site between the moderator announcing the team is a go and the moderator announcing the mission results. And maybe another loyal servant checks out my profile and oh, I haven’t actually sent the moderator my vote. That person would know I am good, even if they did not attempt to metagame.

With that in mind, I have votes from everyone except Ot.

OTTTTTTTTTTTT!

Everyone does need to vote. In the past we have allowed people to pre-vote to help expedite the process. They could say something along the lines of ‘i vote no to this trash team but if it does go forward I vote ________ for the mission result’. Of course a lot of us forget to do so or don’t like to set a precedent when it’s an easy decision to possibly give a tell when it’s a hard decision.

I mean, no one should be worried about giving away tells to me, because I know everyone, but I had Ot confirm his vote M1 because I was worried he’d be busy.

I have received all votes from Team 2a. Before I reveal, @Thraeg, would you like to use Keeping a Close Eye on You, and, if so, on who?

Yeah, let’s get some more info. I’ll use it on Rowe.

You and the other knights accompanying you tread through the forest with a spring in your step. It’s an important mission, and you were chosen for it! Your goal is to free some of Mordred’s prisoners from a remote base about twenty-three miles from Arthur’s castle.

There is little sound except your horses trotting and two of your companions playing “Guess What I’m Thinking of Using Yes or No Questions,” and the rest of you staying quiet. You’d think there might be some birds chirping, or something. But no, this is apparently the Forest of Silence (I’m just kidding. The Forest of Silence is twenty miles north of here).

“Are you thinking of something bigger than me?” one of your companions asks.

“No,” the other says.

“Are you thinking of something alive?”

“Yes.”

“Are you thinking of something bigger than my head?”

“About the size of your head,” your companion shrugs.

“Can it fly?”

“Yes.”

You close your eyes for a moment, trying to drown out their voices. You trust your horse will take you where you need to go, so you close your eyes to listen to the birds.

But wait.

There weren’t any birds.

You hear a piercing scream and open your eyes. A bird with an arrow in its neck drops from the trees. You look around. Your friends are gone.

A second arrow comes whizzing out of the trees. This one hits your horse in the knee, and you immediately hop off. You drop to the ground, but don’t bother hiding. If they can hit your horse, they can see you.

You wait for what seems like an hour but is actually two minutes. Nothing happens. Just as you stand up, an arrow whizzes by your ear and buries itself in a tree. You drop down again and wait another five or so minutes, before standing up again. This time, nothing happens.

You pick yourself up and walk towards the tree. Attatched to the arrow is a little note, which you unfold. Bright red writing is scrawled across it.

Go back.

You stare at the note for a few seconds before your horse’s pitiful grunts of pain wake you out of your trance. You aren’t sure how to treat a wounded horse, so you remove the arrow and take off your undershirt to wrap around its knee. You sit down, unsure of what to do. Your horse won’t be able to carry you. You’re only about eight miles from Arthur’s castle, so you rest for a moment, pick yourself up, and begin to walk home. You tear the arrow out of the tree to bring it and the paper with you.

It’s a long way home…

When do you get home, though, you find your companions already there. Each of their horses has an identical wound in its knee to yours. All of them look ashamed, embarrassed, scared…but one of them, you know is a traitor.

This quest is a Failure.

Votes: Success, Success, Success, Fail

I assume you guys will want to discuss for a while first, but:

CraigM is the next leader. Craig, please distribute the following cards, then assemble a 4-man team.

Strong Leader
Overheard Conversation
In the Spotlight

Well crud.

Since I was keeping a close eye on him, I can confirm that Rowe was the one who cast the Fail vote.

Hmm, now I know that both Dave and Rowe are evil, but they’ll both want to blame me. @CraigM, are you allowed to use the Overheard Conversation on Rowe yourself? If you can confirm that it was him, that will give us a good base to proceed from.