The Resistance: Avalon + The Plot Thickens Forum Game #??

How so? Before the recent events, I had no particular reason to distrust Rowe (or Ott).

I mean, he doesn’t know an evil person voted for it as he was on the team. That logic only works for people who voted No who know they are good. From his perspective it is logically possible that the 6 yes votes were good. That said, not like good knows who to vote for right now.

I have two main theories right now.

1. The obvious one: Thraeg is evil. This fits well with the choice to open up to Ot rather than to Dave. The biggest evidence against is that Thraeg chose to call Dave evil: why do that when there’s the perfect opportunity to just add one to the first team, fail it, and make the new addition look bad? Of course there are two evil people on the team, so there’s the risk of both playing the failure card.
  2. The silly speculation: Thraeg is good and Dave is Oberon. This explains why rowe chose to give the first Overheard Conversation to Thraeg rather than to me: the expectation was that Thraeg would find a good player and all would be well and uncontradicted.

Whichever way round it is, I know that there were (at least) two evil players on each of the first two teams.

Hmm, so at this point, what I know for sure is that I’m good, Dave and Rowe are evil, and either Ott or Rho, but not both, is evil. And I’m pretty sure that Craig is good. But obviously that’s based on what I know from seeing their cards, so I can’t prove it logically.

You have a rowe / rho error in there. :)

My write-up of my thoughts on the game (being fully aware of every player’s roles) is clocking around 1.8K words so far, which was not my intention. A lot happening this game!

Options:
Thraeg is good
Ergo Dave and Rowe must be evil
One of Ot or Rho is evil, favors Ot as evil

Thraeg is evil
Ot must be evil
Dave and Rowe likely good
Rho likely good

Thraeg has multiple cards already, unwise to further empower if actually evil.
If Dave is good then we have a chain of 3 probable goods if I give him Strong Leader. Spreads risk. Could give to Rowe, just to avoid potential double evil leader scenario though.

My gut tells me that the odds of catching 3 so early are… low.

In the Spotlight can go to anyone, it’s Effect is not secret.

@scottagibson you voted no, and have largely been mechanically sidelines (player 6-7 is unfortunately the cold seat for being involved)

I give you In the Spotlight

While I would love to give it to Dave, because having 3 good players in a row for Strong Leader would be great, I can’t be certain that is the case. Which makes the best play for me to give it to @rowe33 I think.

Not official yet. But with an NC card, if Thraeg is indeed good, any team Rowe proposed could be nixed. If Thraeg is good I could not do so for both Dave and Rowe.

Yes, that’s the point. There are only 6 goods. The idea that six goods by chance voted for a good team blindly is, well, very unlikely, whether the observer voted no or not. That many votes for a team with no prior knowledge of who is whom ought to be suspect.

And I’m not saying this view is dispositive. I’m just saying it is something we ought to weigh.

Holy fuck, I need to read through all this but I definitely did NOT fail that mission. Sorry for the shade I cast on you, Dave.

Not sure why you want to give SL to someone who has been credibly accused of being evil.

Which, as one of the original four no club, is why I gave you a card. Also, your seat position, been there far too often myself :)

So, evil definitely had two players on that last team, and only one of them played an evil card.

Assume that Thraeg is good. Given the existence of Keeping a Close Eye on You, it seems to make a lot more sense to me for Ot to be the one playing the failure card, because it’s more likely rowe’s card will be checked.

Seems like a lot of coincidence. Much more likely Thraeg played the failure card and chose who to finger for it.

Am I allowed to post math calculations or should I say out of it and save the math for the writeup.

There’s no sorrys in Resistance! Ninety percent of shade cast turns out to be incorrect, and that’s how the game rolls. :)

I mean, I agree. Note my votes. But other people like to vote yes randomly and I would consider it a soft waste of an NC given that there wasn’t a great alternative option and an NC might be able to be better used later.

You should just keep writing in your (massive) diary and share later. :)

Not to me. Thraeg was the only team member who could vote Fail with no chance of being caught by the Eye. Assuming he were evil, of course, which is only a theory at this point. But anyone else was taking a risk.

Whom else would I give it to? If I give it to Rho, then the next, and possibly next two, players are evil*

If I give it to Ot or Thraeg, there is a credible reason to think they are evil
If I give it to Dave or Rowe they also have been accused of evil. But there is also a greater upside, 3 good in a row

And, to be honest, in my own personal weighting I find the plausibility of Thraeg and Ot being evil greater than Dave, Rowe, and one of Ot or Rho.

Plus if I give it to Rowe, I am next seat and can NC a team of his, if needed.

*or Rho himself is evil