The Resistance: Avalon + The Plot Thickens Forum Game #??

Waiting on @CraigM to distribute Strong Leader and pick a team.

Well, he did fly from the west coast to Chicago for his kid’s birthday this weekend. He’ll check in when he’s free again, I’m sure.

At least we hope he did. I’ve been checking news reports for any attempted murders of TSA agents if his flights were disrupted for some reason.

We’re expected to get 5-9 inches of snow here too so I am going to guess it might be a while…

Nope, got in at 10am local time. I gave @rho21 the OC while on layover in Denver.

I’m just thinking. And been getting hammered with work.

Completely fair, I just wanted to make sure you didn’t forget. And rho received Ot’s identity and shared. Just waiting on Strong Leader and team picks.

Glad you made it after all - enjoy kid time!

So I have an idea. Rho is my most likely to be good. But after him would be a likely evil and a possible evil.

We know both teams had an evil on it.

Scott and Lantz both voted no.

Rho is the player after Scott

So rather than give it to Rho, I could give it to Scott. I also like giving it to Rowe, for reasons I outlined above. Obviously Scott doesn’t like that plan, though I wonder if that’s him overcalibrating.

There is no guarantee safe play, and in this case distributing risk seems like the sensible play.

@scottagibson gets the SL

Confirming scottagibson has Strong Leader.

Take your time, and whenever you’re ready, pick a 4-knight team. I’ll work on some mission stories in the meantime.

That reminds me of one further point. I voted NO on team 1, which obviously included an evil player. Why would I do that? I was due to get cards as the next in line if team 1 was sent (which it was) - why would I both vote NO to an evil team and pass up the chance to get cards as an evil player?

Instead I voted NO, hoping to get a round or two of voting info for later on (VNFI in effect!)

Like I said, back against the wall and I have to pick you and Dave over Thraeg and Ot? I’ll take you. Not everyone agrees. Giving it to you is more personally beneficial, I’m next in line.

Ok let’s take the temperature of the room. Rho is on the team. I game scott a card, he is on the team. Naturally I put myself on the team. Let’s say all three of us are good, that leaves 3 good in 7 remaining players. Do I take a flyer on CF Kane? Lantz? Split the Gordian knot and pick one of the entangled four?

CF Kane is next, he would chose a team if this fails to go.

Let’s see what he’s made of

Scott
Rho
Me
CF Kane

@Snebmi

This is the most confusing traitor game I’ve ever seen. Please, continue.

It’s the most confusing to be a player in too.

Heck of a lot easier to moderate…

People have already started sending me votes and that’s great, but I will now officially call for ALL VOTES on Team 3a:

Hmm, that seems risky since there’s a decent chance Rho is evil.

What’s the decent chance?

He accused Ott. I know that Ott was truthful about my allegiance being good, and that he voted for mission 2 to succeed, since Rowe was the one who failed it. So that implies that either Ott was playing a deep-cover long game, or he’s actually good and Rho lied about it, which would make Rho evil. But that logic is based on information only I saw directly, so I don’t expect everyone else to accept it. But I’d still rather try for a team with some of the players we haven’t heard much from yet.

Which… is exactly what this team is. As much as is practicable given the circumstances.

Friendly reminder to everyone: as there is some discussion, you may change your vote as many times as you like before the last vote is sent, at which point you are locked in.