The Resistance: Avalon + The Plot Thickens Forum Game #??

@Otthegreat, can you confirm you are here and received Thraegs allegiance?

Edit: Ott has received Thraeg’s allegiance.

And @Thraeg is good! That’s a relief, we should be in pretty good shape here. Unless Dave is Evil.

@Dave_Perkins, can you distribute the rest of the cards?

Although I guess this is against the spirit of Quarter to Three, I do need to sleep. Dave, if you get back online, post your choices for cards and team members (make sure to bold them), and if you guys would like you can vote.

Morning all. I am here (and a loyal servant, naturally).

@Snebmi: the second and third images in the opening post aren’t working for me (access denied). The imageshack links to the expansion rules and descriptions of plot cards just auto-redirect to imageshack home. The descriptions further down seem sufficient for the job though, so I don’t think either of these needs fixing.

@Snebmi I will give both of my other cards to @Thraeg as well, then.

And the team shall be me, @Thraeg, and @Otthegreat!

Well, that poses a conundrum for the group. If Dave is evil, which is usually a safe guess, then it is likely (but not certain) that at least one of Ott and Thraeg are also evil. It would be a risky play for all three to be evil, as you’d risk a multiple fail outcome.

If Dave is good, than one of Ott and Thraeg could still be evil.

Or all three could be good.

Too many possibilities. I’m inclined to support this group, because if all three are good, we are in good shape. If they aren’t, we will be able to narrow at least somewhat within those three. Thoughts?

The oddity here is Thraeg’s decision to reveal to Otis. The obvious loyal play would be to reveal to the team leader. Thraeg reveals to Dave, and then Dave knows that Thraeg is loyal and can safely add Thraeg to the team. But that’s not what happened, which leads one to wonder why not.

It sounds like this might be Thraeg’s first game, and if so, there ya go.

I completely missed that, which is what I get for posting after staying up all night trying to get my one year old to sleep. I had assumed that Thraeg had to reveal to Ott, because I didn’t check the card text.

That further complicates things. If Thraeg is evil, then we know Ott is evil. If Thraeg is good, then Ott may or may not be evil. This game hurts my brain.

I urge you to stop having these thoughts until we have some actual evidence to chew on. The road you are on leads only to pain!

Confirming that Thraeg has No Confidence and Keeping a Close Eye on You. Please vote for team 1A:

Dave Perkins
Thraeg
Otthegreat

You may PM me your vote or vote in thread.

Aren’t votes on team approval supposed to be secret? I mean until the votes are all in, then they are revealed. Historically, we have pm’ed them. People can announce them in thread but we’ve treated that as a rhetorical device rather than a vote.

Mostly people PM, yes, and I’d prefer that, but sometimes people vote in thread. If we want to play that way, we can make it so you must vote by PM.

Edit: Please vote by PM. Voting is open.

I have received votes from Lantz, scottagibson, and rho21. Everyone else should still vote. At the end of a 24 hour period, anyone who hasn’t voted will be counted as a yes.

I think we’ll need more than 12 hours, lots of timezones at play here.

Edited to 24.

Sensible, but let’s try to keep it as short as possible so the game doesn’t go on for ever.

It’s 24 hours MAX. Once the last vote is in, everything is locked. I do hope it doesn’t take 24 hours.

I find it pretty strange that not only is Dave ok with the decision to reveal to Otis but he also brings both of them on the team with him. Breaking with years of Qt3 established first team composition protocol as well! My brow is furrowing with concern.