The Royal Tenenbaums

I saw this for the first time recently and I liked it a lot :)

I know I’m very late to the party. But is there a party at least? Do other people have love for this movie? I hadn’t heard much about it.

“I’ll talk some jive like you never heard!”

-Tom

That is the last time you put a knife in me.

Let’s shag ass.

Well, everyone knows Custer died at Little Bighorn. What this book presupposes is… maybe he didn’t.

Did you just call me Coltrane?

Why would a reviewer make the point of saying someone’s not a genius? Do you especially think I’m not a genius? . . . You didn’t even have to think about it, did you?

Of course it’s dark. It’s a suicide note.

I know you, asshole!

(Dang, beaten to the Coltrane quip.)

Wow, I’ve never seen the movie, but it appears to be hot on the heels of The Big Lebowski in terms of quotes that make no sense out of context.

jb

Died Tragically Rescuing His Family From The Remains Of A Destroyed Sinking Battleship

I’m very sorry for your loss. Your mother was a very attractive woman.

The crickets and the rust-beetles scuttled among the nettles of the sage thicket. “Vámonos, amigos,” he whispered, and threw the busted leather flintcraw over the loose weave of the saddlecock. And they rode on in the friscalating dusklight.

“She’s married you know.”
“Yeah.”
“And she’s your sister.”
Adopted.”

I don’t think you’re an asshole… but you are a real son of a bitch.

Well thank you… that means a lot.

“Ah shit man.”
“Oh shit man.”

So…she smokes.

Sweetie, don’t be mad at me. That’s just one man’s opinion.

I want this to be on my tombstone.

Have you checked out Bottle Rocket?

Easily one of my top five movies of all time. Check out his other movies, but don’t be discouraged if you don’t like the first one you see; people are very divided on them. I’d also probably recommend Bottle Rocket as your next stop.