The Russia is getting more evil thread

Well, that is scary.

They really are becoming the evil empire, and we have sir Dumbfuck as president.

Missile Defense was always stupid, because your adversary will simply adapt, and it’s easier and simpler to adapt. We’re talking decoys, stealth delivery, or (if they’re poor or clever), this

Psshaw, that’s easy; it’s in the third container from the left, second row down!

From the article:

China and the US are also working on similar systems of their own.

All three are getting more evil then, I suppose. ;)

Well, yeah, but the point is that we have an election coming up, so there is a better chance of avoiding the worst timeline.
I mean, we’ll never end up in the best timeline, since Trump is in the white house, but there might be a middle ground.

I really blame Abed for all of this.

Some context: this was mostly an election speech where Putin’s main goal was to tell his domestic public that things will get better for them during the next Putin regime due to ambitious domestic spending projects. The nuke stuff was basically tacked on the end.

Trolling the West with words is cheap, easy, and as Putin has found, incredibly effective. Best case he convinces the US to spend a bunch of money on nukes we don’t need and the Russian public that Russia is a military superpower again (forget anything you might have heard about Russian proxy mercenaries getting their asses kicked, we have James Bond weapons!) Worst case he just sows some chaos in the US, because let’s face it, we’re in no shape to do anything about it.

Strange times I am reposting something from the National fucking Review but here we are.

Yeah, he and his daughter were seen on CCTV walking out of a restaurant. They seemed fine. 16 minutes later, a woman leaving a gym runs into them and the daughter appears dazed and the father appears beaten. They’re both in intensive care.

An investigative report by Buzzfeed about the more than dozen suspicious deaths in Britain, and how US intelligence says it’s Russia.

I mean, of course it is. We shook our fists at Putin about Litvinenko, but ultimately didn’t do much more than expelling some diplomats because Russia refused to extradite the suspects. But an official inquiry said Putin probably ordered the hit personally.

The police are saying the Russians were poisoned with a nerve agent, so there goes the remote chance it was undercooked chicken.

Can’t imagine how the UK can sustain diplomatic and trade relations with Russia given these blatant assassinations on their soil. Sure, there was already a lot of tension, but this is ridiculous. Too bad they don’t have the EU to back them up, though…

A British police man is seriously ill after being exposed. The Russians are using WMD on our emergency services. If only the US didnt have a Russian pawn and traitor as President, we could really do with America backing us up now.

The larger question is why Putin ordered this murder at this time. Unlike Trump, Putin is not an idiot so he will have a reason beyond spite.

They need “Russophobia” to bolster a slipping Putin vote in the forthcoming elections.

Is his vote slipping though? I thought Russia had ceased to be a functioning democracy years ago under Putin & crew already? With Putin’s opponent jailed under his orders isn’t the vote already stitched up?

A nerve agent is almost as brazen as polonium. It all but points to a state actor.

Maybe the nerve agent was supposed to have evaporated leaving no evidence behind? Or this is just completely brazen like using polonium where they want everyone to know they did it?

It’s pretty outrageous even for Russia. They (mostly) stopped doing assassinations in western Europe and the USA in the 1950s. And who is ever going to trust you again if you do a hostage exchange and then murder the hostage later?

Maybe he’s starting to go nuts or something. Lately he’s making lots of moves that aren’t logical, like getting so deeply involved in Syria.

Possibly. Also dictators have this “thing” about wanting to settle scores, see Stalin & the fat kid who runs North Korea.