The serious business of making games

I think they are issuing new shares to raise money. But it’s been six days since this was posted. What sort of limb have I walked out on?

Yeah, that’s kind of what I thought. Finance stuff is hard enough without English getting in the way!

Yeah, it sounds like one or more existing shareholders called them and said they’d like to buy more shares, maybe? But raising 10 million GBP isn’t really that big a deal in games - you can barely make a mobile game for that much anymore, so I’m not sure what the point is.

Did result in a new minority stakeholder/shareholder.

Also, an update on the story that popped up a few months ago for the first time…

Pithead Studio, as the fresh indie outfit is named, has been founded by Piranha Bytes’ Björn Pankratz and Jennifer Pankratz to continue their former studio’s focus on role-playing games.
We founded a new studio last Thursday named Pithead Studio," they say, explaining the name as a nod to the mine shaft entrances found in their local region.

Details on what exactly happened in the final weeks and months of Piranha Bytes are thin on the ground, though the pair promise to explain more in further videos, set to be published on their YouTube channel each Monday.

No official word from Embracer/THQ Nordic though.

“responsibly reduced our financial leverage”