The serious business of making games

People who run their own companies can have whatever profile pic they want. What does he care about recruiters?

Connections? In case he needed a paid job due to bad investing and job loss?

Meanwhile…

I assume they’ll appeal:

Which side? Because Apple still gets to decide who’s in, and still gets to claim whatever they want of revenue.

Good point, but I’m still guessing Apple.

LOL check out the before and after

Apparently it worked seeing as he picked up ~6k followers/bots.

If that is real, it’s a sort of passive aggressive display of everything he really doesn’t believe or do as a way of mocking the things he says he is doing. I doubt the leopard has changed his spots.

Looked it up live, it’s real. I don’t think the white saviour charity thing is real though. It can’t be. If real, lines up with stripping reproductive rights from those he feels as lesser beings.

I mean, it’s 6k followers. On Twitter. For someone that was just at the center of a significant public kerfuffle. That he only picked up 6k followers is a pretty stinging indictment, really, of just how much of a piece of shit he is. I mean, there are massive swarms of redhats and their attendant bots that will glom onto anyone that seems to be flying their colors, and he only picked up 6k of them?

I’m at about this point in Press Reset right now. I love that in this book Jason doesn’t just tell different stories about developers disconnected from one another. He starts with Warren Spector and Epic Mickey, but then follows someone else as they went from studio to studio until they ended up working on Epic Mickey, and then other games. And then switches to Bioshock Infinite, and follows Ken Levine, and then another developer on Infinite that went from school to studio to studio to Infinite, then another developer that went from Infinite to indie-studio, then another developer that went from Infinite to Indie-Studio, then another developer that went from Infinite to their own indie studio. It’s really great stuff so far.

I thought about putting this in the Nostalgia thread but like five people look in there so hopefully this finds a lot more audience here. Want to know how Jet Set Willy got ported to the C64 by a Pakistani kid in the UK who got his ass beat at school? Start reading… the whole thing is delightful, horrifying, and incredible. He’s not done, yet. You’re welcome.

Oh my god, everything is a freaking card game nowadays. It’s taking over all gaming!

I read what was current as of yesterday, and it’s an interesting story so far, but I really hope someone tells Shahid about blogs someday.

Don’t know if this is paywalled, and probably just rehash of what most already know but thought it was interesting it was in the New Yorker (take a glance assuming you can get to it):

I just stayed up way past my bedtime reading that.
Riveting.
Thank you for posting it.

The guy really needs to write a proper autobiography though. I get the impression that those are just the high and low points of the story, and that he left out a good deal of interesting detail and writing style to fit Twitter’s format.

And if he ever were to write a proper autobiography, hell I’d buy it. It’s a great story.

Netflix bought the studio that made Oxenfree.

https://about.netflix.com/en/news/expanding-our-games-team-with-the-acquisition-of-night-school-studio

We’re in the early stages of creating a great gaming experience for our members around the world. So we’re excited to announce today Night School Studio is joining Netflix.

BluePoint finally officially acquired by Sony