The Settlers: New Allies (February 2023)

Man, I really liked the two faction (3 with the dlc) split in 2070 along with the global warming/pollution aspect.

2205 was also good, except for that Orbit dlc, which I didn’t like.

It’s crazy this will be out in 3 weeks and there is like zero news.

I punted it off my radar when I started reading universal loathing for the beta that dropped a few months back. Shame, as I was excited for it for a long while there.

Well, well, well…

Sure, the quality wasn’t in line with the team’s vision.

I am sensing end of 2022.

That is nowhere near enough time to fix this mess

I don’t understand why they pivoted away from the original intention of making something like the classic games 1-4. It’s not as if there isn’t a market for chilled city builder / logistical chain games.

The Settlers Has Been Indefinitely Delayed Again.

Gamestar is speculating the game might even be cancelled altogether in order to avoid a fiasco.

I want to say “Unbelievable!”, but I guess it really isn’t, is it.

Maybe you could use the word “inconceivable”.

They really messed this one up. I don’t understand how they got the original game designer and still managed to screw it up so badly.

My impression is that they were pretty much on track to produce a “proper sequel” (in line with the original games), but then something happened and the game was hacked up and “restructured” to chase some new multiplayer battle concept.

Ftfy5

It doesn’t really sound like they’ve turned it back into a Settlers game. Might just about be playable though.

Seriously hope it’s great, but can’t help but feel they’ve lost their way.

We’re a week away from The Settlers reboot. And now the original Settlers designer has announced a new game as well.

That looks wonderful.

Is there gameplay somewhere?

I believe this is what the kids call subtweeting.