The Sims Spark'd is a reality show about using the game that's like a reality show

Title The Sims Spark'd is a reality show about using the game that's like a reality show
Author Nick Diamon
Posted in News
When July 8, 2020

How many contestant runs will end in a panicky kitchen fire? That’s the question for The Sims Spark’d, an upcoming cable show about using The Sims to create stories that will get judged by a panel of c-list entertainers…

Read the full article

320461573v5_225x225_Front

Guess what? My 10 year old daughter saw the ad for this when she loaded up her daily Sims 4 game and is insanely excited to watch this. She requested… nay… demanded that I watch it with her. So I guess I volunteer?

No. Why? How?

Not even diehard Sims players asked for this, there’s already tens of very entertaining YT channels making quality Sims content, this show will just be unbearable cringe.

Kids are unable to make such value judgements. So he has to watch it with her.

Yep. She’s a big fan of Claire Siobhan on YouTube. If the show doesn’t at least match the quality of that, then it will quickly get rejected. My daughter has an appetite for good Sims 4 content, but if she doesn’t like what she sees, she quickly moves on. She is very aware of how much quality stuff is already out there and always juggles the desire to watch creators vs play her own games.

I will say that it’s the challenges that are tempting her. She’s always caught up in trying to accomplish a good challenge, one that engages her creativity. I think the ad for the show hooked her with that.