The single best reason to vote for John Kerry

I think I posted this a while back, but it fell through the cracks. Kerry’s senate testimony in 1971:

http://hnn.us/articles/3631.html

Anyone who can speak with that kind of moral clarity has my goddamn vote.

I agree. I’d just like to hear him REPEAT IT, now. So long as people continue to successfully spin and rewrite history in defense of the idea that Vietnam was somehow a good and noble and necessary war that was “lost by the media”, it will never happen, though. Such fucking insanity. Anything to sooth the scar on the national psyche.

The John Kerry of 1971 no longer exists. I agree that is a moving statement. If I believed that even 5% of that man still lived in the senator, I would be comforted.

So, you think…what? John Kerry has been replaced with his evil twin, who strangled the real, good, war hero John Kerry? I strongly suspect that if the right hadn’t spent a decade or so engaged in massive historical revisionism to try and paint Vietnam as “the war that hippies and the media lost”, you’d hear a whole lot more from Kerry about it.

Unless he’s Bush in a mask, he’s the only way to go.

Have you ever seen the two in the same room before …?

Nope. I however, think that Kerry is the severed head from Re-Animator, placed atop a new body.

Great reason to vote for him!

Weeeeeeeeeeessssssstt…

So, you think…what? John Kerry has been replaced with his evil twin, who strangled the real, good, war hero John Kerry? I strongly suspect that if the right hadn’t spent a decade or so engaged in massive historical revisionism to try and paint Vietnam as “the war that hippies and the media lost”, you’d hear a whole lot more from Kerry about it.[/quote]

I think a life as a Democratic Senator with aspirations to be President has caused him to compromise too many times to remember what it is like to have a true ideology. Bush I suffered from the same thing. Bush II never had an ideology. At least with HRC one knows where she stands and that she will fight for that position, even if one loathes her very existence. :D

… and the number one best reason to vote for John Kerry is: He’s a grown man, not a spoiled frat boy. Thank you and good night.

I must conclude that the movie Re-Animator sucks, since everyone knows the story Herbert West - Reanimator ends with “But I might not be mad if those accursed tomb-legions had not been so silent.”

I must conclude that the movie Re-Animator sucks, since everyone knows the story Herbert West - Reanimator ends with “But I might not be mad if those accursed tomb-legions had not been so silent.”[/quote]

Not following you- and I’ve read the story multiple times. All the other re-animations are fairly quiet, but this is the guy who controls the other corpses. The villain guy. Severed head, batwings for ears in Bride?

RA rocks, not sure how even since everything else gordon has done sucks balls (well bride was ok and castle freak squeaks by because combs was almost playing a normal guy which was cool)

With the annoucement apparently immenient, this seems as good of a place as any to throw out veepstakes guesses, so here’s mine:

Vilsack

Why: Native son of two battleground states (IA & PA), compelling personal story (abused as a child, rose in political prominance due to gun violence), executive experience avoids an all-congressional ticket, well-spoken but won’t overshadow Kerry, underdog win in first gubanatorial win, tough fight in second (so low potential for skeletons), loyal party foot soldier in Gore v. Bush fight. Clues: announcement looks to be coming in Pittsburgh (Vilsack’s hometown), Vilsack getting far more press than he deserves, and I can’t find his public schedule for this week anywhere (by contrast, Lt. Governor Pederson’s schedule is booked through the end of the week). Devil’s Advocate: Kerry just spent a good chunk of time in Iowa and Pittsburgh, making the promised return to the veep’s hometown overkill, Edwards is perfect.

Anyone else?

“Vote Kerry, or I’ll blow your goddamned head off.”

Damn wookies. Damn bowcasters. Think they run the place.

Now that’s a vote winning campaign!

Heh…well I certainly have the predictive power of a hubcap on the side of the road. :)

Logical choice for running mate.