The Sinking City - Open-world, Lovecraft, investigations

I’m about halfway through, seemingly, and I’m enjoying it- see my comments just upthread. I bought it on PS4, but that’s no real difference. I definitely would recommend against the DLC- it’s just busywork collectibles from what I can tell. It’s a pretty good mix of actual detective-ing stuff and combat. The travel around the city has gotten a bit oold, but I’ve unlocked all the fast-travel locations, so I can just zap over when I want (though loading times are a bit long when doing that). The combat isn’t bad, but it isn’t great, either. If you’re afraid of it being just another rehash of The Shadow Over Insmouth, you needn’t worry- it’s its own story, that actually takes place after the happenings of TSOI, and actually takes the events in that story into account when setting up its narrative. Kind of neat if you’re into that sort of thing.

They split from their publisher Frogwares sometime back, and are now self-publishing. This caused some disruption for all their games, from what I understand.