The songs you'd like to see in Rock Band thread

(hope there’s no thread on this matter already)

I know there’s a ton of DLC on the way (500 songs by the end of the year including RB 2, or so they said), and I know this thread will be completely useless, but just for the sake of it and the pleasure of arguing/dissing our musical taste : what would be the 10 tracks (or track packs) you would absolutely like to see in Rock Band and its sequel ?

Not the perfect set list nor the objective set list, just songs you would love to play, and why. It can be anything of course, since the game already cover a wide musical range, from Duran Duran to Machine Head, but at least let’s keep things believable - no Stairway to Heaven, since we all know where Jimmy Page stands on using his masters for musical games.

My dream list as of today :

AC/DC - Squealer. Best Angus Young solo ever in my book, probably a bore for everyone else though (vocals, drums, bass)…

A Deep Purple pack, with at least Lazy & Child in Time. Like Squealer Child in time would be pretty boring for the most part (and rather hard to sing), but I would love to play the solo. As for Lazy, well, just listen to the song, what’s not to like ?

A UFO pack with Boogie for George/Rock Bottom, self explanatory, great guitar riffs, great guitar solo for Rock Bottom.

Dire Straits - Sultans of Swing. Come on, 6 Guitar Hero games, two Rock Bands, no Mark Knopfler ?? Perfect in almost every area, guitar, singing, drums, bass…

Suicidal Tendencies - Lost Again. I need to work my double strums and on my endurance as a drummer…

The Cramps - I was a teenage werewolf. This game needs some psychobilly !

Soundgarden - Rusty Cage. Many Soundgarden songs would be good of course but this one clearly has the energy required. I can totally picture me and my friends playing it.

Girls against Boys - Kill the sexplayer. Sexy and noisy as hell, love the drums.

And I would also love some Mclusky, more Queens of the Stone Age, but that’s definitely not going to happen.

I want Hocus Pocus, by Focus.
Thats it.

Pearl Jam - Ten. The complete album.

Huey Lewis and the News - Every album, every song. Stop laughing.

Sisters of Mercy pack: Vision Thing, Temple of Love, and Lucretia My Reflection

I’d loooove some cramps in there. I’d prefer googoomuck, muleskinenr blues or OOH EE AH A AH

More Pixies

Anything by Pigface, though you’d need at least 9 drummers which would be expensive.

I’d like some Dwarves or Angry Samoans or (old) Circle Jerks.

Supersuckers.

DK

Misfits would be a nice fit too.

Minor Threat.

The Nomads

The Maggots

Stiff Little Fingers

Naked Raygun

The Bishops

The Sonics

Joy Division

.45 grave (PARTYTIME!!!)

Dinosaur Jr

Iggy/Stooges

Lulu’s Marble

The Stranglers

Operation Ivy

I would like to see the entirety of The Bends by Radiohead, or OK Computer. Preferably both, but I think The Bends would work the best.

Yessssss. I knew there was a song I really wanted but couldn’t remember what it was. That was it.

Here’s some other I’d like:
Toadies - I Come From the Water
Modest Mouse - Dashboard
Pantera - Cemetary Gates
Elvis Costello - Lipstick Vogue
Heart - Barracuda
Green Day - Jesus of Suburbia
Candlebox - You
Lynyrd Skynyrd - Sweet Home Alabama
Cake - Short Skirt Long Jacket

Hell yeah.

Many great inputs, loved the Focus piece.

One that I would love to rock out on but will sadly NEVER see the light of day on Rock Band would be Silent Hill - Waiting For You (live At Heaven’s Night). I would kill to rock out to this - drums, guitar, vocals, all of it.

This thread would be so much cooler if it was started by someone who works at Harmonix, but I’ll bite nonetheless.

The Rolling Stones: Brown Sugar, Paint It Black, Jumpin’ Jack Flash

The Cure: Disintegration (Album)

Suede: Animal Nitrate, The Drowners, Animal Lover

Morrissey: Suedehead, The National Front Disco, Irish Blood, English Heart

Paul Weller: I Walk on Gilded Splinters, Stanley Road, Blink and You’ll Miss It

Tool Pack- Lateralus, Vicarious and Sober

Helmet Pack- Unsung, Milquetoast, and Wilma’s Rainbow

Opeth Pack- Bleak, Reverie/Harlequin Forest, and Ghosts of Perdition

Alice In Chains Pack- Would, I Stay Away, and Rain When I Die

The Cult - Fire Woman

The Cranberries - Zombie

Flaw- Amendment

Mushroomhead - Sun Doesn’t Rise.

Jimmie’s Chicken Shack -Dropping Anchor

Fuel- Shimmer

Godsmack -Alive

Muse -Stockholm Syndrome

Great White -Rock Me

Hum -Stars

The Hunger -Vanishing Cream

Incubus - Sick Sad Little World

Silversun Pickups - Well Thought Out Twinkles

K’s Choice - Not An Addict

Limp Bizkit - Nookie

Live - Lakini’s Juice

Pantera - Cemetary Gate.

Slayer - Seasons in the Abyss

you covered most of mine, but I’d like to add Pulp

Wow, and Pigface. Not a lot of Pigface fans around.

These are fun to drum along to on the steering wheel, so I think they’d be fun to play as well.

Queen - Fat Bottomed Girls
Kinks - Lola
ZZ Top - Sharp Dressed Man, Legs
BTO - American Woman
Jim Croce - Bad Bad Leroy Brown

Or in a different vein, the PE/Anthrax version of Bring The Noise.

A song or two from Dread Zeppelin, so I can get my Tortelvis on.

Heard this at the Bears game last night, and thought it’d be great for drums.

Van Halen - Hot For Teacher. Actually, any old Van Halen will do.

The Song Remains the Same.

It would be easy for me to get ridiculously obscure, but here are a few things that I think might actually be considered:

Hum - “Stars” or “You’d Prefer An Astronaut” (vid of the latter)
The Kinks - “This Time Tomorrow”
Modest Mouse - “Trucker’s Atlas” or “Night on the Sun”
Built to Spill - “Car”, “Twin Falls”, or basically anything off of Secret or Perfect
The Walkmen - “The Rat”
The Smiths - “Cemetry Gates” or several other songs
Uncle Tupelo - “Factory Belt”, “Punch Drunk”, “Gun”
Son Volt - “Drown”
Wilco - Plenty of things
The Dismemberment Plan - “Face of the Earth” or something else
Archers of Loaf - “Web In Front”
At the Drive In - something. One Armed Scissor is in GH4, so they could probably get that
Yes - something. Maybe “Heart of the Sunrise”
Death Cab for Cutie - something from 2003 or earlier. Maybe “405” or “A Movie Script Ending”
Radiohead - “Paranoid Android” and most of The Bends

I agree with Pearl Jam - Ten, a select few Misfits songs (probably not Skulls or Braineaters, for example. It would be pretty great to play Bullet, but I don’t really see that happening), I think Rusty Cage is one of the better Soundgarden suggestions.

Really, I could do this all day long, so I’ll stop here. Plus, I don’t have any music in front of me, so it’s a little harder to just work off the top of my head.

They need to release a metal-free version.

Oh, and some Wilco - Misunderstood would be awesome but never happen, but Passenger Side would work as well.

Oh my god yes, and Powerman. The world definitely needs more Kinks.

Soul Coughing. All of it.

Times one million.