The Spine of Night - Even in death, my powers continue

Ok, so, for starters they have the Bloom colony (what you call a magical feather boa) because a millennia ago, when the current Guardian took up his watch, the man that became the Guardian was so enraptured by the sight of the massed Bloom that he picked up and breathed upon one of its flowers, causing a spore from the Bloom to be lifted from the flower and then carried by the wind to the Great Swamp of Bastaah (known in the old Empire as the All-Sorrow). There it found purchase and created a new colony, which was then picked up by our pants-less protagonist. So the swamp dwellers have had the Bloom all the way since the Night of a Thousand Suns (those events being detailed in the short-film Exordium). This might also have contributed to why the swamp peoples never developed pants technology, as the next possessor of the Bloom-colony, Galsur the GodKing, was also a notorious non-wearer of pants.

If you don’t ride horses (or live in a cold climate), you don’t need pants.

Okay, show-off, that’s exactly what I just said, but with fewer pronouns.

-Tom

Having watched the movie, Patton Oswald is fine. The voice fits the character, and we don’t have to listen to him for entire movie. But there are to many other characters with really bad voices, melodramatic over the dialog (“Inquisitor, cease your necromancy!”) with under-acted (is this a word?) voice. Like those Youtube videos of orcs with normal voices.

The animation does seem off in some way. Fire & Ice is the obvious inspiration, but Spine of Night just doesn’t look as good for some reason I can’t put my finger on.

The movie does have more imaginative, interesting parts later, but the problems remain. Regrettably, pants do show up later in the movie.