The STALKER Mod Thread

There are lots of links to various STALKER mods floating around. I thought it would be fruitful to assemble them all in one thread. Just a link to the original post for the mod is fine, or a repost or whatever.

Here I’ll start us off. Courtesy of Roger Wong: unique weapons no longer deteriorate: http://www.quartertothree.com/game-talk/showpost.php?p=952284&postcount=48

I like the 0.9.1.1 Realism mod, but it changes weapon names to Russian. Not a big deal, I just don’t like that part. Or the anomaly changes for that matter (which are optional). The lighting changes, however, are exquisite. When you start the game in its world’s morning, it “feels” like morning.

http://franticgames.com/portfolio/sergey/forum/viewtopic.php?f=18&t=5&start=0&sd=d

Got a link to it Scharmers?

Another thing we should mention is if the mod requires a restart.

There’s a mod that updates weapon names to their real life versions, I wonder how that plays with Realism?

There shouldn’t be any compatiblity issues. It makes changes to a single text file that holds the weapon names & descriptions.

I’ll take a look at that REalism mod later tonight and try to isolate the weather changes from the other mods.

The “Realism” mod, it doesn’t have repairing, does it?

so anyone have the link to the best performance enhancing config file out there that doesn’t play with the stuff that makes the game look great? I’m running it pretty smooth now, but if it’s out there I want it.

Sorry if it’s already been posted in the help thread but that place is Spoiler City.

weapon name mod:

The realism mod also has repairing.

It does. I’m not interested in any of that, though, I just wanted the weather changes.

And as it turns out, the realism mod finally made the sun rise in the east and set in the west, but night time still wasn’t dark enough.

So I combined the lighting from another weather mod with that from the realism mod. This gives you golden sunrises and sunsets, dark midnights, proper shadows depending on time of day, and nice lightning. Unzip this into STALKER\gamedata\config:

http://s3.amazonaws.com/rogerawonggames/stalker/stalker.mod.weather.combo.zip

To make most mods work, you have to make the line in your STALKER\fsgame.ltx file look like this:

$game_data$   		= true|	true|	$fs_root$|		gamedata\

The problem with mods is they dont stack unless they are completely different. Two mods affecting the same file will overwrite each other. You need some sort of file merging tool to merge the changes together to stop this happening. Someone is supposedly working on a mod manager for Stalker that will fix this but until then you’re on your own.

Verified that the weapon name mod 0.3 and the Realism mod work together just fine.

Realism turned off all my mods, even after I set that line in my fsgame.ltx to true| true|. I’ll try again later tonight I guess.

Read post #11.

Is it just me or does the realism mod make killing guys crazy easy? I mean I gues it’s realistic to drop a guy in 2 bullets but it’s making the long ranged firefights a joke. I just engaged three soldiers at extreme range and dropped them all in about 15 rounds total. This is on stalker difficulty…

Have any got to shoot at you yet? From what I read those harder hitting patches work on the npc’s weapons too so you might be in a lot of trouble when you can’t spot the enemies and snipe them. I haven’t used any of the realism patches so have no idea. The other thing they may have done is changed the accuracy. I know I’d get a lot more 1 hit kills if my bullets always went where the cursor was pointed.

I’m pretty sure I didn’t include the “inccreased damage to 130%” mod when I installed… so maybe this is just a matter of increased accuracy.

Another question - realism mod put all of my weapon descriptions into cyricllic. Is there a mod that will fix this?

The 0.9.1.1 realism patch for me upped the damage both ways nicely – it doesn’t take a full clip of 5.56 rounds to the head to take down a soldier…but then again, it doesn’t take a full clip to take me down, either. A couple of good shots and I’m toast in bandit armor.

Another question - realism mod put all of my weapon descriptions into cyricllic. Is there a mod that will fix this?

post #9

see post #9

I wonder what a hit from a gauss gun would do with that dmg mod. Have you got that far yet? Unmodded I have a sliver of health left from a full hit with one 300% health artifact in. I’d be guessing 1 hit would kill me with a damage mod which I don’t think would be fun in the NPP zone or the city before it.