The Stanley Parable

Yeah, Steam tells you the last time you played it.

That was such a great trailer. Will I buy it again on console? Yeah, probably.

The Stanley Parable is one of my favourite games so more clever and funny stuff to discover? Yes please.

Love Crows Crows Crows’ marketing. Their newsletters are great too.

Ultra Deluxe is finally releasing! I’ve probably forgotten enough about it to play again.

Loved the game but I’ll wait on reviews, if they added enough new content to make it worth a repurchase or if it’s just a re-release for modern consoles.

Uh. I totally had forgotten about this.

I would be very surprised if there weren’t new meta jokes about releases.

From the Crows Crows Crows newsletter:

Since The Stanley Parable is a game about surprises, we’ve tried to implement new content in ways that players won’t be expecting. The script for this new content is longer than the entire original game.

The Stanley Parable is one of my favourite games, and certainly one of the funniest I’ve played, so I can’t wait.

OK so then yeah, I’ll be playing the new version.

Marketing continues to be excellent. They’ve been doing a series of dev blogs leading up to the release: The Stanley Parable Helpful Development Showcase!

I’ve not seen the latest two, but part one (‘The Critical Importance of File Size’) is hilarious.

https://stanleyparable.com/hds/1/

This game is probably going to piss off achievement fiends. Good thing I don’t know any of those.

8 nice 8 callback 8

That’s amazing and I can’t wait to see the Steam forum bile.

It’s finally out! 33% off for owners of the original:

Yeah, I’m pretty unhappy with that. Someone take one for the team and let us know if it’s worth a purchase for people who exhaustively played the original, meaning there is zero content from the original left to see.

I might pick it up on Xbox, just for why not.