The State of Monitors - in search of a new 21"

Monitor’s dying, has been for some time now. Regardless, I’d like to get a new, sharp twenty-one incher’.

A time ago, LCD’s were to be stayed away from for gamers, as they weren’t able to keep up with the refresh rate in fast games (such as FPS’). I recall reading that they were catching up to CRT’s, but were still a ways off.

So I wonder now, are LCD’s able to play games as well as CRT’s? If so, are they worth it over a CRT? If or if not, does anyone have any recommendations regarding 21" monitors, CRT, LCD or whatever?

We have been touting the suitability of LCDs for games for over a year now. Go get yourself a nice Dell 2001FP or 2005FPW and be glad you listened to us. If you wait for the end of quarter deals, you can get them for about $400.

I’d tell you more, but I need to go play some counterstrike on my 24" Dell 2405FPW.

Talk to you later!

Take a look at Hyundai’s offerings. Don’t let the name fool you, they’re a very good value.

Personally, I’m a believer in Sony displays. I have a Sony LCD and it trumps anything else I’ve layed my peepers on. I’ve had it about a year and it cost me about $900 then. Now, it’s close to half that. Man, I hate even thinking that…