The Steam Autumn Sale 2018

Looks like the sale is almost over, and I’ve bought nothing! Someone find me a doctor! ;)

Pretty happy with Red Dead Redemption 2 and Battlefield 5 for now.

Perhaps the winter sale will come and then I will buy all the games. :p

My list was short.

Defense Grid 2 (I’ve been meaning to get this for a while)
The Red Solstice
Age of Fear 2: The Chaos Lord Gold

Small games, but they all looked fun.

I’m following the steps of Komrad Kosc, I bought nothing!
Excepting I didn’t buy a console with the best game ever either!
What? Those Field of Glory 2 and Strategic Command Classic WW2 from the Matrix site don’t count.

If I remember to checkout tonight, this will be the sale I finally purchase Enter The Gungeon… and that’s it. Anything else can wait the 4 weeks or so until the Winter sale. Expect to see Gungeon in the Humble Monthly soon!

I ended up refunding Frostpunk. I enjoyed it, don’t get me wrong, but there came a point in the campaign where I was just overwhelmed by my previous poor choices and I lost. And the only way to see how the campaign/story unfolds after that … is to do it all over again, but hopefully better. Since there is every likely hood I’d get further than before, but then fail and do it again, getting further each time, I decided I’d rather refund it and put the money into something else. I think maybe I’ll re-invest it in some other time and try out the endless mode, but I really wanted to play the campaign, I was enjoying it. I think the problem is it should maybe have been broken up into chapters, so when you fuck up you start back at the top of a new chapter, or something, instead of it being a however long sandbox that you have to replay and isn’t actually a sandbox.

Hey you have a new machine too? What did you get?

Kingdom Come is a very good benchmark (and a game) thumbs up

Making RDR2 an Sony exclusive was a pretty smart move for Sony, huh?

:grumble:

It’s not a Sony exclusive, it’s on XBOX as well.

That doesn’t make me feel any better.

I pruned my wishlist and do not need any more games, but feel like I need to buy something. God I hate this feeling!

Easy remedy to your condition: a gift to a friend! You’ll feel relieved and probably good too!

There was a Steam activity last year I think where they made me go through my history of purchases on Steam. I don’t remember the reason for it. That really put it in perspective for me. I looked through the whole list and found out that most of the games I’d played on Steam, I’d actually purchased outside of steam and redeemed a key there. For all the games that I’d actually bought on Steam itself, I’d only played maybe 5% of them. So I learned my lesson last year.

This year I still bought some stuff though. But I think I made pretty good choices for the most part. I’ll surely play through the original System Shock if I can stand the graphics. I might not play Drox Operative without putting a lot of work into understanding the interface. Adios Amigos I already really enjoy though. It’s really cool! And finally, the Overload community levels, even if I don’t get to them, I don’t mind giving them more money.

It was for one those badges thing. They had you play games you hadn’t played in awhile and stuff like that. It did make me launch up a couple of old games too.

Not too much damage, all old wishlist stuff

Antihero
UnderRail
LA Noire Complete
FO New Vegas Ultimate
7xdlc for Gal Civ 3
For the King

Now that Steam has a sortable wishlist, I’m going to just buy a few older games with good discounts that I’ve been meaning to pick up:

Remember Me
Californium
Valiant Hearts: The Great War

Only PC game I’ve bought was Battlestar Galactica Deadlock, and that was from Matrix Games directly rather than via Steam (but with an included set of Steam codes). The rest of the deals on Steam weren’t interesting enough to get me to jump right this second, but time will tell what the December sale brings.

I wound up passing on the sale this year. A few things caught my eye, but I’ve got plenty to play for now.

I kind of splurged this year ($230 total), but almost all from places other than Steam.

From Steam $53 on:
Total War Warhammer II + sale DLC

From Matrix / Slitherine $39 on:
Command MANO + Northern Inferno & Chains of War DLC (what a GREAT deal!)

From GOG $40 on classics I’d missed before:
Caesar 3
Dungeon Keeper 2
Theme Hospital
Zeus + Poseidon
Pharaoh + Cleopatra
Battlestar Galactica DLC
Close Combats 2,3,4,5
Stars in Shadow DLC

From Nintendo $100 on stuff I should have bought last year when it was half off, but foolishly expected Nintendo to put on sale again before this year (and they didn’t)
Doom
Wolfenstein
Dragon Ball FigtherZ

Diego

Impressive haul! :D

Thus far, I’ve only picked up:
3030 Deathwar Redux
ADIOS Amigos: A Space Physics Odyssey
and the last DLC for Starpoint Gemini Warlords

I keep hoping for some magical way to upgrade Battletech to the Mercenaries version or for Pathfinder to have anything but the base game go on sale, but neither of those seem to be happening.