The story of google analytics and the illusive bill

For my sins, I added google analytics to my wife’s business page and I foolishly used my private Gmail account. So far so good, I recently got this email from the friendly google workspace team:

It looks like you haven’t used your Google Workspace account for the organization, [org name here], in the past 90 days. In addition, the bill for your account hasn’t been paid for at least 60 days.

So I don’t care that they closed the account, we don’t really need it, but I never got a bill and I would want to get that in order and pay it as soon as possible.

There’s nowhere in the google analytics page that I can find it. If someone knows where it is please let me know.

Nest step was to Contact Google Workspace support (Contact Google Workspace support - Google Workspace Admin Help). This is not possible with my private gmail account.

admin.google.com is used for Google Workspace accounts only. Regular Gmail accounts cannot be used to sign in to admin.google.com. Learn More

I also tried calling google. I got an automated response saying that due to COVID they are experiencing difficulties and then it hangs up.

So to summarise, Google allowed me to use my private account where I shouldn’t have, then sent an ominous letter saying I haven’t paid a bill, but the bill is no where to be found, and it’s impossible to get in touch with support.

Is anyone familiar with this byzantine organisation and knows anything about this?

Google uses billing accounts that attach to other projects. See if you can log into console.cloud.google.com and the look for where a billing account might exist and/or be attached. I agree that their setup is confusing.

Love the usage of homonym illusive/elusive, whether intended or not.

I have no help to offer, but google sure sounds like an absolutely shit company to deal with when having problems.

If you are still looking for Analytics, possibly give https://panelbear.com/ a try.

Privacy focused and with a free plan that may cover your wife’s usage: “Our Free plan gives you up to 5,000 page views per month, 30-day data retention, and one alerting rule.”

I have to deal with them a lot. It depends 100% on the product team and is wildly inconsistent. Their paid support is crazy expensive.