The Strain

This made me giggle. I hope they cancel the show so I don’t have to watch season 3 because I know I will if it’s on. Heroes-Derangement-Syndrome

It’s all relative! Battered viewer’s syndrome!

I hope they cancel the show so I don’t have to watch season 3 because I know I will if it’s on. Heroes-Derangement-Syndrome

Ha! I found myself hoping the same.

Oh yes, this returns next Sunday, and I just know Season 3 is gonna be great! Why? Because they finally have THE BOOK! :p

Things to remember from last season:

Coco Chanel got infected!
Zach goes to his mother!
Nora who was infected, chose to kill herself!
Ef’s hairpiece is and hopefully forever will be gone!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-KlP5dNzF0s

I can’t quit this show!

I Can’t even remember last season except that:

1. Awfully delicious!

2. The kid didn’t die. Neither did Mompire.

3. I thought Coco Chanel died.

4. Decision Making so hard.

Um, I thought the stuff was still largely isolated in New York. But the preview makes it seem like it’s everywhere now. I know there were threads suggesting attempts to spread the plague but they sort of left those by the wayside. Man the master vampires are gonna be so pissed. First they lost Rainbow Six. Maybe vampire Drizzt will die and be replaced by Vampire Inspector Gadget. See, you can’t rule that out. That’s why I lo(athe)ve this show.

Damn you are right, she did die… I forgot!

Instead of letting Coco turn into a strigoi, Palmer kills her and
removes her heart wearing gloves, to protect himself from infection like
Setrakian once did with his wife. Coco’s death is likely the first time
Palmer had to experience the loss of a loved one in an unusually tragic
way and the effects of this on his collaboration with the Master and
Eichhorst have yet to be shown.

Well, this premiered last night, and I’m about a third of the way in and already kind of hating myself for watching, but “I just can’t quit you, The Strain.”

Hmm, no one else watching this anymore?

The subplot with Gus and Angel in Sunday’s episode was pretty silly, but otherwise it was OK.

The first episode was slow and full of dumb. Super seal team 6 getting taken out like that was cringe worthy. So yep I am still watching. I hope to get through eps 2 and 3 tomorrow. :p

I am caught up through S3E3. Spoilers ahead.

1. It was jarring to get hit with the “the whole country is falling!”. Not because it was unexpected, exactly. But because after doing a decent job showing us how this could be accomplished back in season 1 (e.g. Gus’ driving for Eichorst and the shipping containers filled with strigoi), I feel like they just sort of left it behind. If things are this dire - pulling back forces to “secure Washington DC”, it sort of seems like it would be too difficult to maintain a safe zone even on Manhattan. Shouldn’t we have already hit a point where dropping supplies in would have gotten spotty?

It’s a minor gripe, honestly. Very minor.

1. Oh how I yearn for the deaths of Eff’s entire family. I can’t even remember why Dutch took off. Why is Drizzt so sure he can kill the master anyway? I don’t recall the reveal that Gus was keeping his mother alive from last season. This is. . . so stupid. Angel is now the only good guy I like (I don’t dislike Feyt but he doesn’t get enough to do).

2. The actions of the other 3 ancients no longer seem to make any sense to me. It was interesting to learn than The Master had already taken out the three in Europe. So they said “fine, we’ve got Vampire Rainbow Six in our disposal”, but when that team was eliminated they just threw up their hands and decided to do nothing but wait around for Drizzt to come taunt them a bit? Why didn’t they have five rainbow six teams? Ten? Or other specialized vampire assassins. They’re just going to chill in an airport hangar and hope The Master doesn’t find them?

The Strain, you are so deliciously bad. Never change. Except kill all of Eff’s family please.

So how about them suicide bomber vampires? :p

Also the Strain has been renewed for a 4th and final season in 2017.

This season has been even sillier than the first two. First, Gustavo trying to keep his turned mother-thing “alive.” Then the councilwoman gets a worm in the eye and for no discernible nor explicable reason doesn’t turn, which is just hand waved away. Still, I keep watching…

The worm only managed to bury itself into the outermost layer of skin before the UV light destroyed it, hence the burn like worm scar on her face.

Wait, so the UV did this through the skin? OK, I guess.

I really have no clue why I watch this show anymore. It just has so much potential and isn’t totally awful. It’s not bad enough to hate-watch but just good enough so that I can’t help hoping that it might get better.

I will be happy when the final season is over so I can stop watching it.

Yep, I was behind 2 episodes and after watching both, nothing got resolved and the story moved like half an inch.

This is series that could have been wrapped up in 2 seasons, they just have it way too stretched out.

Palmer has some white now at least, I don’t think I could have taken any more begging from him.

This is one of the shows which I enjoy watching the most, and I’m going to be sad to see it go. I don’t mind F or his kid, or his wife. There are worse shows on TV IMO.

Was there something about the kid erasing the cure? I read it above, but don’t recall it.

The show is actually pretty fun once you realize that Eichhorst is basically the Roadrunner from the Warner Bros cartoons.

Little punk really needs a beat down

Crazy ending to the season, yep the boy must die, every time he gets that cocky stupid look on his face , I wish to punch him.

The final season next year should be fun! :p