The Stylish/User CSS library (wiki post!)

Thanks so much, arrendek!

Oh, that’s nice. That’s…really, really nice. You can stay on the same forum page (without going into the settings tab on your profile) and you don’t have to type a username into the muted list. Twitch users aside, this is a fantastic script.

One note for other users: you will need to refresh Firefox again after the script is installed before the changes are effective.

Another quick note for other users: you can mute from the user card, but to un-mute, you’ll need to go into the settings tab (will also require a Firefox refresh).

Oh wow, I’ll have to start testing primarily in Firefox. You don’t need to restart Chrome ever for this. I’ll see about making it easier in Firefox. You sure you didn’t mean “refresh” instead of “restart”?

I’ll make an unmute button on the user card for the next iteration. Maybe I’ll also add a feature to mute only in a particular topic category, something I wanted to add to my user script for the last forum that I never got around to.

Also I forgot to mention that you can “unblur” a muted post by clicking it.

@Clay, can I get my own user field for storing theme preference? It could be called “Custom theme” or something.

Also if someone sets the bootstrap “.btn-warning” class to something better than grey, that button would stand out better.

I’m not opposed to that, but you’ll have to talk to @tomchick or @stusser about it. By and large, Tom makes 99.99% of the decisions about settings, etc… I’ve just been helping with some of the default CSS and wrestling with the advertising integration.

Thanks, Clay! I’ll see if they answer here, otherwise I’ll message them.

Apparently I do mean “refresh.” Sorry, in Stylish the effects were instant. But no restarts needed! Well, there’s one re-start after you install Greasemonkey, but that’s it!

Okay good, thanks for the response! :)

FYI my script is broken now that https was implemented for the site until I can host the custom CSS on a server with https. I’ll look at it this weekend.

Edit: Actually a good deal of the script still works it’s just the custom styles aren’t loaded so you can’t tell it’s working. :P

Does it have to be Qt3, or can it be anything with https set up? If the latter, send me a PM/the custom styles, and I’ll send you links.

Awesome. Thanks for the offer! I might take you up on it, but I want to see if I can just get it to pull from github directly first.

I believe anything with https will do. I have a couple other minor modifications to make anyways, so I’ll roll it all up in a single effort tonight or this weekend.

I’m wondering about rolling in an option to enable likes for script users. I mean, I probably won’t get kicked out of this place, right? :P

To anyone using it, I fixed the script by using rawgit to serve the CSS files. If you loaded the tool after I fixed the script auto update url info, it should update automatically. Otherwise, remove the script from your TamperMonkey/GreaseMonkey dashboard and click this link: direct link to raw script

Then tell your user script manager to install the script again. Refresh the page and everything should be working once more.

Since I updated the script a while back with the update url for the script and pointed it right at github, it should occasionally update automatically (or manually if you tell it to). So you won’t have to uninstall/reinstall again.

No. Like are disabled for a reason. Best to respect that I think.

Yeah, you’re right, you’re right. :(

Figured maybe since it wouldn’t hurt anybody…

Hehe, I can mute you now.

I mean, I’m not gonna. But I could!

Thanks for your work on this :-D

I notice you have a Twitch channel there. I still have to make one more pass on this code to change where I’m storing your theme preference. If you go select night theme it will overwrite your Twitch channel in your profile. So, fyi.

After I get this thing a little more solid I should maybe make a separate post for it.

It looks like someone (maybe Clay?) added a separate box for you to store theme preference in:

That was @stusser. I really appreciate it, but I haven’t gotten around to updating the script yet (even though it will literally take about 10 minutes… sigh)

I’ll do it this weekend, I promise!

Edit: I really, really, really appreciate it actually, since it means that this script will follow you around with your login anywhere you have it installed. My script for the last site used web storage, so it only existed on the PC you installed it on, so you had to reconfigure it everywhere you used it.

I’ll continue to endorse @Sam_Jones Stylish theme for Qt3 at Night. It’s not totally perfect, but is super close to the old faithful vBulletin Night theme. It works on Chrome as well. If you install the stylish extension, and choose to write a new style, there’s an Import from Mozilla Format optiom/ Just paste Sam’s code dump up thread, and you’re good to go. It’s a welcome relief for night browsing.

Alas the lack of a baked in theme still means that mobile Qt3 remains a stark, blinding affront in the dark, but I’ll take what I can get tat this point.

That’s the theme I worked into my user script if anyone wants to get that theme and also wants to be able to actually mute people.

Edit: Although if you’re using your Twitch URL field in user settings, you should wait until this weekend for me to update the script before you use the night theme or it will overwrite your twitch url.

Oh cool, @arrendek; I didn’t realize you had the night theme as well as the mute controls. I’ll give it a shot.

No, that’s for TurboGrafx-16 owners, you insensitive clod!