The Suicide Squad - Maybe James Gunn can rescue this sequel?

Fair enough. I think it’s significant to note that Gunn chose to make this movie, instead of being saddled with it.

Yeah, they lost me at Pete Davidson, but brought me back in with Nathan Fillion.

This ‘trailer’ was hilarious. It just kept going and going and the ‘villains’ kept getting goofier and goofier. I’m totally on board.

How late in 2021 is this releasing? Only in theaters may be a tad optimistic if they want anyone to see it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z1EbSXxrZ34

August. I dig it!

This looks about a million times better than the first movie.

Yeah, I’ll watch this. Dunno if it’ll be good, but it looks fun.

I hate to admit it, but that actually had me smiling. I guess I’m in.

Well, this, this does look outstanding. I guess that’s what happens when you give it to James Gunn.

Better than the first movie, maybe, but still something I don’t care about or want.

:)

If I’d never seen Gunn’s Guardians of the Galaxy films, I don’t think this trailer alone would win me over. Nothing about it worried me, but the first Suicide Squad was so bad, and I hated the Harley Quinn movie too—that’s a lot to overcome for another chapter in this side of the DCEU.

But since I have seen the GotG flicks, I have a lot of confidence that we’re going to get at least something that’s a lot of fun.

Opening weekend. I’m there.

I totally forgot there was another one and have yet to watch it, haha

Oh wow, was that Starro? OK, I might have to watch this.

It’s just amazing to me you can get a big-budget redo on a movie only a handful of years after the original, and differentiate them by plunking a “The” in the title. What a world of miracles we live in.

Nevertheless, looks fun. Never saw the first one, but I’ll watch this one.

It’s not a redo, it’s a sequel. And it’s not surprising, since the original made buckets of money (despite being terrible.)

Ah. OK. Strikes me as more of a requel, but I’m speaking from a place of ignorance since I didn’t see the original and haven’t read up on the framing for this one.

Exact same amount of time between these two:

Yeah, but one of them was clearly Incredible.

Point taken though. I’m sure we’ve had complete spiderman reboots in less time. It’s just part of the groundhog day nature of movies these days.

I got curious, so I looked it up.

Spiderman: 2002
Amazing Spiderman: 2012
Spiderman Homecoming: 2017 (not an origin story, thankfully)
Into the Spiderverse: 2018

Judgement: It’s complicated.