The Summer of Gaming / E3 2020 thread

@BrianRubin alert!

LOL “half the show.” That video was like 4 minutes and the show is two hours long.

Yes may I help you sir?

Chorvs footage

No wonder they say time drags when you’re bored.

I mean… watching it and reading resetera comments about how te-rri-ble is being IS entertaining.

It doesn’t help that I’m watching it while also watching an unbelievably bad movie (and not in a fun way). I’m getting assaulted from two directions at once.

Ooh, something interesting! Respawn’s VR thingy.

Pretty cool Respawn is going back to Medal of Honor after all this time. Looks like a pretty fleshed out game for a VR title.

Fall Guys season 2 looks baller!

Respawn? Cool! Medal of Honor? Yawn. VR? Double yawn.

Holy fuck, Turrican.

Hell yeah. Moveable ramps look fantastic for co-op and trolling.

Blah, they’re moving on in seasons before bringing the game to Xbox. Oh well.

obamawho

Streak extended! I played the shit out of Turrican II back in the day.

I have absolutely no idea what a Turrican is. Guessing a large flightless bird.

I do find it somewhat comforting that Ratchet and Clank games are very consistent in their gameplay from back in the PS2 days (which is the last time I played them). Looks a lot nicer, but they’ve kept a lot of stuff like rail grinding.

It’s interesting to me that my own reaction to this Ratchet video is so different from the PS5 reveal, which was essentially the same stretch of gameplay. Back then I was excited, but since then I went back and finished Ratchet & Clank on PS4, and I just hated it. So now, suddenly all this gameplay footage reminds me of my extremely boring time mowing down enemies in that game and riding rails, but with the addition of portals changing the levels really fast.

I really enjoy the Ratchet games, particularly as spectacle, but one a generation is enough for me.