The Tabletop Wargaming Thread

I’ll have a chat about tabletop wargames, as long as it isn’t 40k, Warhammer or that ilk…

Currently playing Infamy, Infamy and dabbling in O Group and trying to get Lasalles 2 to the table

What about Warhammer Historical or systems based on Warhammer that aren’t warhammer?

Sure I don’t mind Warhammer historical although I’ve never played it or seen the rules so I’m not sure what I could add to any chat about those :)

Not sure what you mean by “systems based on Warhammer that aren’t Warhammer?”

I really want to shill something I’ve been working on, but it feels kinda dirty to talk about or recommend something you’ve been working on.

Do it, you dirty, dirty human being.

https://wargame.indiegamerules.com/rules

I work the most on the WW2 and Ancients sections, the other sections have people for them. The WW2 Chinese section required me to read like 4 books, look at multiple wargames, and a mod for Company of Heroes.

When I’m not doing a bunch of reading to update it, I’m actually working on three microwargames written by other people, or working on a system I use purely for deciding outcomes.

That’s an impressive amount of work that’s been put in there…

It’s a team, I am just the history major that was brought on to help with that department.

The system mostly seems to be popular with Warlord/Warhammer burnouts. I personally like to look at FoW, BA, CoC, and a few other systems for units or ideas, before reading up and fact checking if units were real by abusing my free access to hardcore academic sources.

I like to do AARs and single player games sometimes, mostly to further the plot I have as a writer or tell a story. For that I use a very simple system that Heavily modified Xaxk’s Simple Rules, which I have modified mostly for balance issues and to make certain things mechanically present.

Oh and btw, I have a section ported from FRAG (Which is a free wargame system), that is entirely the bad guys from Wolfenstein plus whatever units I could find in three separate games.

I have the code, just no expansion or supplement to WarForged to put it.

The Warhammer Army Project was a Fan made update to Warhammer Fantasy that kept going after the table top died. Sadly, they got the cease and desist letter, so the links to all their books will be removed by this Friday.
Warhammer Armies Project: Warhammer Special Characters
You can still currently grab them, but I guess that won’t be for much longer.