The Theme Song Thunderdome

Everyone
Says I love you
Hastur, Tsathoggua, and Cthulhu
Abdul Alhazred and Randolph Carter too
Say I love you!

I was about to declare the Marx Brothers the winner when I realized that @John_Many_Jars has violated the rules and voted for his own entry. So it’s actually a three way tie between the Marx Brothers, Metallica, and Metallica.

Well, hm, I think the rules are that whenever Metallica is up for an award, it should go to Jethro Tull. But they weren’t nominated.

But wait! It looks like @Penny_Dreadful also voted for his own entry. DQ’d!

So, it’s a tie between Metallica “The Thing That Should Not Be” and Marx Brothers. And as much as I prefer the Marx Brothers song in general, and @John_Many_Jars’ alternate lyrics in particular, I think Metallica makes a better theme song for the tentacled one.

So @forgeforsaken is the winner!

What you’re telling me is that, if I wanted irony to win, I should have gone with Hotel California. Damn. Ah well, congrats to @forgeforsaken and, of course, to Jethro Tull.

Round 18, an Arkham horror of a different sort, the purveyor of fear, Dr. Jonathan Crane, the Scarecrow.

Surreal and creepy as hell, seems about right.

Every time the crowd yells BOO
And poor JMJ is filled with rue
And Cthulhu’s anus smokes like an old chimney flue
He lost the Thunderdome and there was nobody who
Said I love you!

For Scarecrow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e6JOaAIE-zs

Self explanatory I think.

@John_Many_Jars i love how we arrived at a similar place independently. Kinda how Metallica and Cthulhu go together nicely

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mWzvV-RRUew

I’ve still got my vinyl copy of that album! I need to bust it out.

Doctor Crane – “I’m Listening!” – is kind of a creepy jerk, dropping roofies into the drinks of every Gotham denizen, then sending them on a real bad trip, man. Batman Begins put the fear of a “we’re not so different, you and I” speech between the guy that likes to scare people and the guy that likes to scare superstitious, cowardly people. Physically he’s kind of a pushover unless he’s on whatever he was doing in the Arkham Asylum games. That kind of frightening buildup reminded of Danse Macabre, perfect for a Halloween mix tape or a crime spree by one of the OGs of the Rogue’s Gallery

I’ll probably give this another few hours before putting the poll up, so get those last minute nominations in.

Apropos of nothing, I’ve always loved that piece.

An aural bad trip:

(Pink Floyd – One of These Days)

Dr. Jonathan Crane aka Scarecrow

• Aphex Twin - Come To Daddy
  • Metal Church -The Dark
  • Helloween - Halloween
  • Wizard of Oz - If I Only Had A Brain
  • Camille Saint-Saens - Danse Macabre
  • Pink Floyd - One of These Days

0 voters

If I were to pick, I may have went with the Ministry track. It’s ominous as fuck and uses the word Scarecrow as the chorus.
https://youtu.be/Qdx9F00EjQA

Too late for the vote but of interest to Monty Python fans

@Djscman with a Danse Macabre with a solid majority of the vote.

Boo-ray! It was a tough yet crowless field out there. I admired that “Scarecrow of Romney Marsh” show that JMJ found, never heard of it before.

Heat 19: THESEUS

He’s a man of myth, a hero, a rapist and murderer in an unenlightened time where all of those attributes were synonymous. Perhaps you know of how his grandpa got his dad drunk, then pushed his mom on his totally wasted dad (or maybe how she slipped out afterwards to have sex with Poseidon, because one way or another she was getting pregnant that night). Of how he ran a gauntlet of murderers and monsters on his road trip to Athens. Of how he figured out his dad was the King of Athens, and how wasn’t it a shame that his stepmom didn’t like that idea, especially when Theseus didn’t know what “formal dress” meant.

606px-Hippolyte_Flandrin_-Theseus_Recognized_by_his_Father-_1832

Of how he inspired Katniss Everdeen by putting a stop to the regular sacrifice of children to the local kingdom of badasses. Of how he navigated through the unnavigable Labyrinth with a little sweet-talking of a local chick, and how he ghosted her later. Of how he slew the dreaded Minotaur.

T34.4Minotauros

Of how he inspired his dad to name the Aegean Sea. Of how he seduced the queen of the Amazons and married her, only to lose her to an Amazonian invasion of Athens. Of how he and his best bro raided the Underworld so his bro could kidnap and rape Queen Persephone, but when it turned out that they bit off more than they could chew, he ditched his buddy and went home. Of how he totally beat down a centaur.

Of how he did a little too much shit-talking and got thrown off a cliff, RIP. Of how his old boat, kept as a museum piece, transcended regular maintenance and became a philosophical dilemma. He’s Heracles by way of Zapp Brannigan. He never needs to reflect on himself because there isn’t a mirror that is rad enough. He’s the hilariously self-obsessed boss in Hades.
jAkzr_lu_400x400

Bro, what are you listening to, bro?

No idea why, but this immediately came to mind:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TevET3rUTRE