The there-less Journey

Wow, you are THE biggest dumbshit. Grow up child.

Wow. I have always seen reviews as a means of judging whether to purchase a product of not (this is why these people are employed) and if I had gone by this text, I would have missed an amazing experience. What a shame the reviewer was on an alien wavelength from the hard working and creative guy who made this beautiful product.

To the designer of the game:- please don't take this review to heart. The world would be a horrible place. Let reviewers review and creators create!

I actually use Tom's reviews. The lower the score, the better the game. It works for me. Not saying anything against him as a reviewer, we just have complete opposite tastes in terms of games.

Tom Chick even think it has a dull and barely interactive bits of uncharted 3, and uncharted 3 won best graphics in many awards.

I just don't think its fair that this review forms part of the metacritic score and I think it's only fair that this website don't add there scores to metacritic because this game is amazing but it's score is being held back by this website. I don't know if they're trying to do the zero punctuation thing because thats more for entertainment rather then review I just don't know if I'm supposed to be taken seriously because it's on metacritic but some of the stuff in the review is unfair. I'll assume your either and xbox fanboy or a retard

It's not impossible. It's just not easy. Just like life. When you have to work for something, you'll learn that.

he also rated Forza and gears of war horribly, so im not really sure if he is biased in context to platform. he seems to be biased against popular, mainstream titles (then he rates stuff like "the darkness 2" 5/5). He is just a pretentious, hipster-esque douche bag.

I think the developers main point was in the story. You only
seem to have a partial understanding on what the story is truly about which is
possibly why you do not truly appreciate this game. "The point seems to be some sort of circle of life affirmation
about how the journey matters more than the destination”… this does not do the story
justice. You only seem to know only half the journey. I only wish that you can
complete it.

Adblock prevents you from getting any revenue from my visit. Enjoy!

waste of 15 bucks, if i still smoked weed, this game would have been better

This is the best comment I've ever read.

what the hell is this Review !!! Fuck ! You don't know anything About Advanture games !! GO PLAY CALL OF DUTY SHIT MIND !

this is probably the worse, least informed review I have ever read.

I suppose it is a desperate attempt at bringing people to this sad troll website.

way to go.

They don't sell well...?

Uncharted 2: Among Thieves - 5+ Million copies
LittleBigPlanet - 4.5 Million copies
Gran Turismo 5 - 7 Million copies
Metal Gear Solid 4 - 5 Million (As of 2009)
God of War 3 - 3+ Million
Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - Shipped 3.5 million first day.

To name a few, not to mention the variety of genres here and the critical scores of these games. Especially Uncharted 2, boasting a 96 and winning over 200 GotY awards in 2009!

It's not that PS3 exclusives don't sell, they sell more evenly where as 360 sales as more focused on the two actually exclusives they have which is Halo and GeoW.

The 360 only had two exclusives this year and they were a Forza iteration and the (final?) GeoW game.

Where as the PS3 had a ton of varied genre exclusives this year like Uncharted 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, Killzone 3, InFamous 2, Resistance 3, SOCOM 4 etc.

They may not have games that sell super high amounts, but they're sales are hardly weak in anyway. Besides, Sony's first-party studio support heavily out-edges Microsoft who own Fable, Halo (Now that Bungie is gone, that series should've been killed and not get rebooted with some crappy studio at the helm) and that's about it. Sony has top-notch first party support (Naughty Dog, Sony Santa Monica, Media Molecule, Sucker Punch to name a few).

They may sell AS well, but there is no contest when comparing the two console's exclusives. Besides that, the 360's sales are only very strong in NA as Sony dominates all other major markets (Asia/Europe, etc.)

I can't understand why people freaky out so much about Metacritic and GameRankings, as if the dropping of the average score of their favorite games dropping even a modicum will ruin their lives. It's a fucking shame.

If Tom is trolling, then why do people keep feeding into it by coming here and posting, 'OMG heez totally trowling lole!" What does a troll want except attention? Take that away and the trolling stops.

...or is Tom, dare I say, not actually trolling?

I was reading an interview with Jenova Chen, he talked about getting players out of the "task-based" mindset in order to appreciate having another human being beside him in-game.

He also mentioned that he tried implement collision detection to serve as a puzzle element where two players have to push each other to overcome strong wind. But it turns out people would just push each other over a cliff because that has the "strongest feedback", so he took it out in order to fine-tune the emotional response he wants to draw out.Emotion is a tricky thing though, and it's no surprise it doesn't work on quite a few people.But the number of people that Journey did affect is saying something. From reading posts in forums regarding Journey I would guestimate maybe 1 in 10 people that disliked it, and that's INCLUDING the people who only hated the length/price.

There's a phrase...missing the forest for the trees...

Tom, whether you are doing it consciously anymore, it is clear that your reviews are greatly affected by the outside world. You clearly have an ideological bias, which leads you to attack games that are popular and "go against the mainstream." Probably so that you feel special. The same goes for your pseudo intellectual apologists.

guess what? hating something because its popular is no better than dismissing something for being unpopular. your opinions are still heavily flawed.

and, Tom Chick fanboys, don't feed us this bullshit about how "its just a coincidence" that Tom gave 2/5s and other low scores to the majority of games with 90+ scores on metacritic last year (skyrim, gears of war, forza, uncharted, ect). You honestly believe that their popularity had no impact on his score? If you make this assertion, you are either a liar or a deluded idiot.

i dont even feel a need to address the content of this review, because it has already been made apparent, by countless people, that this game just went over your head, and you present zero intelectual material to justify your score.

PS. ad blocker plus = no ad revenue for you

Thank you for giving an honest and informed review of this game.

Yes, Emperor's new clothes definitely fit's with the praises the herd is singing.Magic carpet heaven ....really? This game is twice as much and half as long as it should be.It's very pretty but there is really nothing to do except use your special game ability to...... jump '8^[Play "From Dust" instead. -It is also visually unique.-It takes you on a mysterious journey.-You still get to play in the sand. -And it has a similar ending but is much more challenging and lasts a lot longer.And people who say they'll remember this game the rest of their lives really should take an inward review of their life experiences up until this point and maybe make some changes.