The there-less Journey

I can't trust a website that gives Out of the Park Baseball 13 an 85 and Journey a 40

This review is quite true, the game just is bad. Not sure why people like it, I find it worse than Call of Duty for realism, there is artistic and this game crossed the limit of no realism, it was bad, I'd rather sell it for 5 bucks than to keep it.

seriously if you didn't like it why go to the trouble of rating the game 40/100 while compared to the other rating (90+/100) it makes your rating bias. Why buy the game if you expected dune buggies. journey id fuiled by emotion of freedom and partnership not anger and headshots

I agree with your rating--and I wish you had discussed gameplay more. Regardless of how you're supposed to react to the images and psedu-art aesthetic, the game was (in terms of play) like a slow-moving 3D platformer. But a very clunky platformer. I actually found it intensely frustrating and inhibiting to play. I appreciate your reference to SSX, because Journey is, in its play, like snowboarding games, only (unlike snowboarding games) Journey offers very few feelings of transcendence since your momentum is constantly hamstrung by poorly elaborated physics and the game's mind-boggling inhibition on jumping (you can only jump so many times before powering up again).

Side-note: I think being more specific in your account of why the gameplay suffered may have shielded you from haters who were told (and firmly believe) the game is somehow revolutionary, or art.

You should not critique any form of media. Your brain seems to lack the capability to comprehend interactive experiences. You're probably more suited for a simpler job, busboy or dishwasher perhaps.

Well the review worked. It was obviously the only negative one so that they would attract hits to the site. Well this website is now being permanently banned and I will absolutely never come here again for these cheap hits tactics.

By "art", if you mean just visual art, like paintings, you are deluded. Art extends to much, much more than just a pretty picture. It can mean a great story, or any meaningful experience. Journey is a very meaningful experience, and so, is art. It's great value for the experience it provides. I have never played another game which is quite as meaningful as Journey.

Professional trolololol reviewer here.

Hey all!

I am gay and have a boyfriend. I also love video games! Is it cool to post in this forum without fear of being bombarded by ridiculously insulting homophobic nonsense such as "choke on a dick and die... douche fag"?
Just wondering, thanks!

whats faulty about it? Fucking overrated trash.

It's cool to post - unless your first post is just to let a bunch of people who don't give a single solitary fifth of a fuck know that you are queer and in a relationship with another person who is also queer. That would just be stupid. Your need for acceptance is disturbing.

Well I I am never comming to this site ever again. Fact.

See, I don't think this person really understands what this game is truly about.

Journey is not supposed to be challenging, it's not supposed to have boss battles, Journey is a story told without words. This person is trying to base Journey on game play, but that is NOT the focus. The developers purposely made it easy so that anyone could advance and watch the story unfold. Now, tackling one complaint at a time:

1: The mans appearance- Okay, do you realize that this is NOT a human, he is a completely different being? It is in fact a fantasy game, so the characters don't have to resemble humans. This is not a historical game, it is (to me) a metaphor on war, and how many innocents die over anger and hatred, which I find to be displayed with exceptional beauty.

2: Seems like uncharted 3- Really? You are really trying to compare THESE games? They are so completely different, from a violent action game that revolves around game play, to a game that has no obsession over battles like the rest of the game industry that is purely based on story? This is so irrational,and it offends me somewhat that a common day game reviewer would make such a statement.

3: Lack of multi-player chat- First, think of what would happen if they DID put in chat. A gorgeous story told without diolauge, suddenly gets chat from others. The beauty of the game would be tainted with such a feature, ESPECIALLY if you run into a swearing troll who is there simply to ruin others experience, which there are plenty of online. Now, thinking of the experience without chat, you aren't supposed to use Morse code, you are supposed to use the O button to show where you are. On some level, you can feel the other person there, and you can imagine the game through there eyes. When there is no chat, somehow it feel so much more magical, and so much more meaningful too.

Now, this game is not like others. Most games are played for fun, a cure for boredom, and that is just fine. But at the same time, gamers should be able to widen there perspective a bit and welcome a different variety of gaming. This game is not played for "fun" it is an experience, an idea beautifully crafted into a piece of interactive media, a game which is not only to change your outlook on writing and reading and game designing, but also life. This games "purpose" is to show the player a story that they will not soon forget.

I adore this game, and memories of it ring in my head, it touches me on some level I can't describe. I know this is how the majority of players feel about it, as I am certain the developers had intended.

Maybe this person could feel these feelings, if he welcomes the fact not all games are about game play or graphics. This person does not understand how this game is so gorgeous, and is looking for all the wrong things.

Every person is entitled to their own opinion, and while I feel that I have proven my point, I must say it is not fair to call this person a troll, idiot, or otherwise. Saying as much won't convince him, or anyone else, to play this game with an open mind, it just makes you look like a harsh online person.

While I may not find some of his points valid and criticize them, the author of this is still free to feel however he wishes about this game, and so I draw this lengthy comment to a conclusion.

Yup, games are bad if they aren't realistic. Brilliant insight.

Well. now I'm convinced.

"Magic carpet heaven... really?"
#criticism

Wow this is the worse critic i have ever come across. Do you have ADD perhaps?

You aren't the brightest fellow. You do negative marketing, so you'll get some traffic. You are right, you will get some traffic of users, but is it worth it? Don't you want a reputable website where users will keep visiting your website, because your reviews are solid? Maybe you made a few dollars of ad revenue. That is just pathetic.

i agree. this shit game is so overrated. minecraft beats all

Very stupid and Terrible review!!!.Metacritic should not count this website's reviews.This webiste reviews should be counted as joke.