The there-less Journey

I am curious as well.

Tom, is all seriousness, can you please make a list of your top ten games of all time? The highest scored games you have ever reviewed.

Thanks!

Good, I hope they don't send you anything you poop eater!

Stop posting online, the smell from your poop mouth is getting onto your poop hands and onto your brown poop covered keyboard.

What is up with the stupid idiot retards named Tom? I am never going to name my kid Tom, I don't want him to grow up as an arrogant prick.

It's possible for something to be "arty" and to fail creatively. Seems like it failed for Tom. Not sure why you find that so offensive.

I agree, but you have question him giving it a "2." It appears that this guy has no scale for reviewing games. It appears as if he chooses scores on a whim.

And that quote I brought up shows that he was playing the game single minded.

Tom seems to be serious about using the full rating scale, which is to be applauded, IMO. If we're stuck with these 1-100 meta-ratings for the short-attention-span set, then we should at least expect them to use the whole thing.

Of all time? I don't know that I could do that. To my mind, a review or a "best of" list, or even just a forum post discussing a game is a snapshot of an opinion at a given moment in time. What I pick for my top ten games of all time today isn't what I would have picked last year, or maybe even last week, and it's certainly not what I'd probably pick in a year.

But I've been doing lists of my favorite ten games of each year for at least the last five years. They should be pretty easy to Google. My favorite game of last year was Bastion, if that's any help.

Well, it's not a troll review, but you are right that this site is from the 90s. :) Qt3 was founded in, I believe, 1999.

You tarnished Journey's metascore. Fucking pathetic

What a moron.

Wow, I got all the way down to the bottom before finally biting. "Tarnished" a game's score? Oh no, now it's slightly less valid for you to enjoy it!

Or you could get some more confidence, like what you like, and rest assured in the fact that people sometimes disagree without being evil bastards for doing so.

A strange review. I'm a 33 yr old seasoned gamer who doesn't really dig online shooters and the like all that much. Journey has totally restored my faith in games. Found it to be sweet, original, breathtaking, innocent, soothing, a little bit sinister (cavern section), sad, lonely, triumphant and very very VERY beautiful. Some of the scenes will stand as the most iconic in gaming history and that sun/glistening, gilded sand is just blinding!! Not sure if your review is genuine but if it is I don't envy you much. The thought of someone playing through this wonderful little gem and not appreciating it really saddens me!

Think it's best to move on.

Superslug not all videogames are the same. Every game has a different direction. You can still play the game but at the same time defines art. Thats what flower was aimed for and thats what this is game is aimed for. WHy can't videogames be considered art? Must everything be about shooting or violence to be considered a videogame? I think not

I was completely ready to dismiss the game as weaponless arthouse garbage until the stage with the little flying cloth creatures.

A few years ago, I was standup paddleboarding and got caught in a pretty severe current, and pushed out really far from shore. I was terrified and felt completely alone... until a pair of spinner dolphins came and frolicked around my board for the hour or so it took me to get back to shore (like 10 miles from where I started).

When those cloth guys flew out and guided me over the dunes, I damn near cried. It wasn't for everyone, but that was the point where I "felt" the game. So maybe it's more a personal experience game?

Although I got an SSX vibe (and also a Beyond Good and Evil thing during the spotlight part) and those were goofy,

Well done champ, you finally figured out a way to get people to come to this shitty site.

Like back under the bridge SquareSide you internet troll ?

It is pretty funny. I know no one who cares about this game in any real way is posting on here. They are all marketing people who depend on metacritic or something.

Yeah, that's me, right? I'm in marketing and need metacritic.

That's stupid. I'm a gamer. I want to see good games do well. And just like Consumer Reports or anything like it, metacritic is a method by which games are graded. People see a score and decide to buy or not to buy based on that.

But there are, unfortunately, half-assed reviews like this that are added into that aggregate, and they make that score less of a true representative of the game than it should be.

If the only thing you play is shooters, or sports games, then you're probably not gonna enjoy Journey. But a casual who will play simple little games will probably enjoy it: it's simple, and yet profound. And for those same reasons, core gamers will likely enjoy it, as well.

The only times I've seen people say they DIDN'T enjoy the game, they were trolling, and about half of them hadn't even played the game.

This review is indicative of what's wrong with gaming media today. It's a poor excuse for a review, and it can easily be argued it was done solely for hits.

What pisses me off is when others have the gall to defend such a horrible action.

A seasoned gamer who doesn't really dig shooters or the like? I guess your a hard core rpg kind of guy. I'm playing right now Hyperdimension Neptunia Mk2 . I think Tom would review it with a 1 or a 2 so it's probably as good as Journey. Maybe it's even better! I on the other hand would give it a 6 out of 5. You should give it a try. At the very least it's got to be more fun than trolling the internet.