The there-less Journey

Quarter to three, the size of Tom Chick brain

I'm just saying if it smells like a duck and looks like a duck and quacks like a duck it might be art, but it's probably a duck also. When reviewing ducks, you shouldn't be concerned wether they might also be art or anything else they might also be. You gotta focus on the duck part. How are the feathers, does it have a goofy smile, what will it taste like for dinner ?

You did make me laugh really hard though Superslug. KUDOS!

Are you saying you never played the game Journey, or you never played Journey on your record player/8 track ?

sorry, I forgot to say graphics alone . My bad .

my dick smells like ur moms cunt

@ Helt

my dick smells like ur moms cunt

And I think your a perfect example of the kind of person who goes to metacritic and gets upset when a game gets a below average review. Why do you care ? Did the sand people make you cry Josh ? Did you lose your magic jumping skarf ? Did you want to share your pain ? I'm taunting you... I gotta stop this. Ok you win , and later tonight so will your mom!

I LOVE an artsy game, but not a HORRIBLE VALUE. I would be ranting about this game if I had not beaten it an hour and a half after my purchase. If it were five bucks it would deserve a 9, but under two hours of gameplay with an hidden online mechanic that basically lets someone else beat the game for you for 15$? UH UH

I do see what you are saying. The thing is though, I am interested in videogames as art and whether it is possible to make something that has the trappings of a videogame but is about an artistic statement and not about play.

I know close to nothing about fine art however I would think it is fair to critique a portrait on how accurately it depicts its subject whereas an with impressionistic painting it is not.

I want to know about journey as an art piece and as such Tom's review is not relevant to me. That is not a real problem I can find one that is but it made me wonder if the review does not have what I need is it incomplete? It could equally be just me.

If I get a site will you troll it ? Cause it wont be worth it if you don't come. Funny thing, that's the same line your mom used.

This description made me wish I had a PS3. It sounds like you had a unique and special experience - I envy that.

Lol, lets not care about metacritic, what is not else then a compiling of reviews, lets care about one single blind opinion. And i think that it is not a coincidence that we have here some different nicks defending the author with the same words... ben, the dude with multiple names

Actually... I 'm always me. No point in using multiple names.

What's wrong with the PS3?

It took two tries for you to make one ineffectual insult. Is that really the best you can do?

A farewell haiku for you:

Smart Guy Forty-five/Little one who thinks he's big/Still calls mom "mommy"

Because one's personal opinions do not always align with the "consensus," and often it's better they don't.

First Tom Chick review that I've ever had the displeasure of reading. Now I see why your negative reputation precedes you.

It's fine that I happen to disagree with your assessment of the game; that's the nature of reviews. What bothers me is how brief it is, focusing only on what you deem to be negative attributes of the game.

Okay, I guess my dissatisfaction has a little bit to do with the fact that I loved the game. Just being honest.

Wrong because there is nothing disgraceful about it's gameplay and you don't base a game entirely on gameplay alone either. 2/5 is not a justifiable score. Did you even bother reading the review? All he wrote practically is "the gameplay is bad" without even supporting his argument. Nothing about the story, online functionality, graphics. He only brings up his scarf? 2/5 seems justifiable to you. But according to practically every other reviewer in the world, they seem to understand what the game is really like and praised it.

I agree with this review instead of the PlayStation overhype reviews of others.
You can't really call this a game and it fails immensely being one. Looks pretty though, but graphics don't make a good game. That is something PlayStation fanboys should have learned by now with Sony's underdelivering overhype engine running full steam since before the launch of the PS3.

Yeah, you REALLY sound like you know what you're talking about. How far have you gotten in the game, I wonder?

Better yet, what game would YOU consider to be good? Please don't say Call of Duty.