The THING!

So… looks pretty interesting. Hopefully they can pull it off.

Anybody fiddled with a preview of this THING?

Just so I don’t have to start a post in the movies forum seperately about it… I’ve had the urge to pick up the DVD of the Carpenter film for a while now. How’s it hold up after all this time? That movie scared the bejezus out of me as a kid. I was trying to explain it to my girlfriend last night, but it’s hard to convey just how creepy and shocking it was.

Still good.

Agreed.

Ok… I’ll probably pick up the dvd tonight then…

Now - what about the game? How’s this thing look and play?

Closely follows the popular recipe of “bury the twist”. Any interesting psychology-based game mechanics don’t appear in the first few hours of play which consists entirely of generic third-person shooter action minus the action.

Actually, now that you mention it, several of my squad members are acting kind of funny. Real jumpy but kind of slow-witted and spaced out. When I get up in their faces they just glide backwards and blink at me. I’m pretty sure they’re all infected. One of my mission objectives is “keep your team members alive” which leads me to believe that the guys down at Computer Artworks (and perhaps CompUSA) are also infected.

By the way, why are you so goddamn interested in this game and what the fuck are you looking at?