The Third Doctrinal War -- Stardock, Reiche/Ford, and Star Control

It’s like the Oprah “Bees!” meme, but with Brad giving away non-Gillette razors.

So they finally got around to filing a counter notice and it was put back up. So much for all the precedent of doom talk.

They are going to add a playable race of good orcs.

Unless the settlement conference that I believe is supposed to be happening this week actually produced results, this is going to go on for a long time. The trial date is pretty far off.

Definitive proof will be unveiled that it was Kavick Kang all along.

Without the doom talk, how else are people going to big this up as a major victory for Stardock? ;-)

BTW, Brad on Twitter is framing this as a “victory” against #dmcaabuse (his hashtag)…

All this attention might actually help the game succeed, too. Unintended consequences and all that.

No doubt some think the drama will help. Most people don’t seem to care, though. The game’s not exactly been selling well and I don’t expect there to have been much of an uptick because of the “controversy”. Of course, we have no hard numbers aside from Steam Spy data and such.

I wonder what effect the game being bundled with all AMD 570+ cards for a couple of months had on the sales numbers. There must have been tens of thousands of keys for 20$ on Ebay and some shady resale sites.

You made me check. Saw it at €9.70. It may be brilliant or not, but it’s not a mass market type game.

I’m betting “how wrong” will massively depend on the interpretation of what people were actually saying.

I really hope my current opinion on the intransigence of the parties in the dispute is proven wrong. That would be a nice one.

I would love a settlement!

Me too. I mean, I would have loved a settlement even more of it happened before it all got so ugly, but I’d love to see it. P&F made one of my favorite games of all time and Stardock did their utmost to carry that on 20+ years later. I really haven’t enjoyed watching how nasty this got.

Who doesn’t want a settlement where both side can go and make their own games? I don’t think many people who have been watching this dispute because they were fans of the original games (rather than any gamergate related history) really want to see one side or the other burn.

Nice try. But you’re wrong on many counts. Be patient, it’s coming. And many will weep.

You are misinformed. No such thing.

That would imply that people give a sh*t. Most are just in it for the lols. I know I am - but that’s just because all I want to do is watch the world burn just to see how many lols I can get from it.

90 days tops!

So people will weep, but nobody cares. Interesting combination of views. Okay then.

Stardock bought Skylanders?