The Third Doctrinal War -- Stardock, Reiche/Ford, and Star Control

That would be funnier if I implied that I had a secret. You made that up in your head. Also, I’m at a loss as to what click-bait title you’re going on about. I didn’t create this thread.

You’re right. I had wiped memory of the investment because the idea that anyone with 46 million would invest it in Star Citizen was clearly erroneous input :) Or money laundering.

What I was really saying is that @dsmart says he has BIG NEW REVELATIONS COMING SOON very often and they are rarely that interesting or revelatory unless you really really care about the minutiae of what is going on. That doesn’t detract from the work he does chronicling the madness of Star Citizen or ferreting out further indicators of things going badly wrong.

Some people take life way too seriously. That’s why they’re the primary source of lols and prime targets for incessant trolling.

Please find somewhere else for your trolling. I guess it’s good you admit it at least.

Oooh click bait.

Sounds like Derek has a secret

Uh huh. weary sigh

False

False.

Also, you’re insane if you really think that, considering all the major news I broke this year and which didn’t become public until shortly after. The biggest one being the $46M bailout money which I wrote about a full week (my follow-up blog) before it was even made public. Prior to that, I had already written - back in 2017 - that they were looking for external investors. Shortly after I broke the news about the impending Crytek (because I know most of the guys there) lawsuit MONTHS before it was filed. Then I broke the news when it filed, long before it even showed up on PACER.

My current SC breaking news to reality record (and I have the blogs & tweets to prove it) for SC is 61-3. What’s yours?

People talk to me because they know that I’m fearless and can be trusted. I’m not out to gain anything; and unlike my industry friends and peers, in the course of any discussion, I can literally say anything that I want without any repercussions (it’s not like they can fire me, blacklist me etc). The latest one being my lengthy (1, 2, 3, 4) take on the Unity v Improbable fiasco, to which I had insider info before it was even made public. Then we won when Unity blinked.

I only get involved in things that I have a vested interest in; and my compulsive personality means that I tend to do a thorough job of it. The entire industry is rigged, but I know how to get around all that bs because I have lots of lifelong friends and contacts in high and low places. And because they keep playing musical chairs, that one person you knew at company A, goes on to be yet another major source when he moves to company B.

I always do. And I reveal them when the time is right. It’s what I do. What I don’t do is make public things that people tell me that I shouldn’t. I’m old school like that, and take such things seriously.

Get a grip.

So what kind of timeframe are we talking here on the Star Control info you’re getting? Days, weeks, months? Any idea?

He can’t tell us. But it’s important to remember it’s not a secret.

I think my comment just upthread to Lantz clears up what I meant here. Sorry, it did look like I was attacking the entirety of your Star Citizen coverage, which was not the intent.

Great rant. Let’s now hear again about how others take things too seriously.

Yeah, I broke that $46M news a full week before it was public.

And I also broke the news about the Lumberyard engine switch - literally eight months before it showed up in an end of 2017 build. In fact, croberts newsletter/press release went out hours after I wrote that “I was right, that Lumberyard was now in the build”. And I went on to write a detailed blog about why why they were lying about it.

And my friends over there tell me that not only do people monitor my blog and social media feeds, they literally get to know things about their own company when they read it first in my feed. e.g. this $46M investment was the most recent. I hinted about them looking for money back in 2017 when a potential investors - not associated with this latest deal - doing due dillgence, reached out to me on LinkedIn after reading my SC blogs. This $46m deal closed in May 2018. And only the execs knew about it. The company didn’t disclose it until Dec 2018 filing in the UK because they wanted to keep it secret.

Then what was this about? I quote:

So much for that then, I suppose.

Er… I don’t think my “joke”, such as it was, was that complicated. But writing stuff like “many will weep” read to me like a clickbait article’s title “YOU WON’T BELIEVE (WHATEVER) – MANY WILL WEEP”. But hey, I guess it was all smoke and mirrors anyway.

No, you go into forums and drop suggestive hints.

I guess so.

Indeed I can be hyperbolic (for effect and lols) and opinionated (because, well, we all have that), but I’m not known for being a liar, let alone a dishonest person. Stirring up bs for lols, is one thing - but flat out make sh*t up benefits who exactly? Nobody. And it just makes me look bad.

All I can now say about Star Control is that most (if not all) of you are going to be very disappointed about the outcome that’s now brewing based on recent events. Whatever your expectations were, unless something really Earth-shattering happens in the next couple of weeks, you can toss out the window.

I’ll bite. What are the expectations of the people you’re referring to here? P&F lose? Stardock goes bankrupt? Brad Wardell becomes the new GOP presidential candidate for 2020?

Anyone feel free to correct me if you disagree, but I feel like the general consensus in this thread is that Stardock made a blunder and will likely lose a court case. I would guess he’s referring to that?

Welcome, and thanks! Now I’m ashamed by the several developments in the story that I haven’t had a chance to add to the OP. We do try to maintain our sanity here, so I’m glad that’s evident.

Now I’m curious what you think people expected.

My expectation is that there’s a settlement that is NDA’d, everyone goes on with their lives, and we never really find out the details.

(There’s lots of internet lawyering about “who would win the case if it actually goes to trial” but I’ve tried to be clear from the start that the natural outcome of most legal cases in the US is “they are settled and the terms are private.”)

Who knows what he’s referring to. It’s couched in such language that it, really, could be interpreted in any way you like, and he’ll still be able to say, “See! I told you so!” regardless of the outcome.

Same here.

Personally my main expectation is to be disappointed. Either GotP doesn’t get made or it does and it’s just ok.

My other expectation is that one or both parties are so dug in it will go to trial.

I’d be overjoyed to have these expectations proved wrong.

If it does go to trial I expect Stardock’s public statements to factor heavily. Jury trials being unpredictable I have little expectation of the outcome, but if it does go against Stardock I expect those statements will be a major factor in the decision.

I don’t think this legal spat has any bearing on whether or not GoTP will ever get made…and if I had to bet on it I would say it won’t.