The Third Doctrinal War -- Stardock, Reiche/Ford, and Star Control

Um, what? This legal dispute is literally over the announcement for the game. Stardock is on record saying they will never let it get made. How does this legal spat have nothing to do with it getting made?

Yeah, it’s off-shore dark money; so that’s why I immediately jumped on the money laundering angle. But then I found out that Dan Offner (who most of us know as a straight-shooter) was appointed babysitter for the majority investor, and I backed off on that because no way he would knowingly be involved in any dodgy dealings like that. Then again, he wouldn’t know how the money source does their dealings anyway - so there’s that.

I concede the point.

In truth, I tend to do that just to get a rise out of the toxic Star Citizen fans (aka Shitizens) who have been fighting a proxy war against me obo CIG and croberts. Anytime I flash something, it enrages them and increases their bp. That’s why I do it, regardless of how minor the revelation is.

Indeed. But I have to admit, it gets to be very exhausting vetting certain things - especially from people I don’t know. Then I have to be cautious about what I can|cannot run by one my trusted known sources because I have no clue who is a double-agent and who isn’t. In fact, back in 2016-17, I busted two people I trusted, feeding me bad intel they well knew to be false. Neither one is currently working for the project because you know that’s how karma works. But I still didn’t retaliate (by outing them as a source) because I take that shit seriously. In my almost 30 yr history, I have made a lot of friends and enemies, but I’m very confident that when it comes to the industry side of things, I have a lot more friends than I do enemies.

Star Citizen is 100% a scam and massive money laundering machine. In time, all of this will be proven; of this I remain confident. And my guess is that more of that is going to come out during the Crytek lawsuit which I wrote a thread about yesterday.

The star citizen thread is over that way. Third thread on the left, you can’t miss it.

Would LOVE to move the Star Citizen talk to elsewhere, especially since the acronyms are going to cause confusion. Also, one dumpster fire at a time is good.

Correct. That’s the general consensus that I’m referring to. Yes, Stardock did in fact have several (you’ll be surprised how little you all actually know) blunders, but NONE of them are material to what’s brewing right now, let alone the end result if the case does go to trial (P&F would have to be the dumbest pair this side of South Park to let it get there) later this year. It really, truly is shocking - and I didn’t even believe it myself.

Truly shocking! Did it involve one neat trick?

Where is that gif of someone laughing hysterically when you need it?

At this moment in time, I don’t believe that will happen because both sides seem pretty confident in their sides of the story. Then again, the events of the past 10 days may have changed all that. Who knows?

All I can say is, those who think they hate Brad now, should probably increase their meds.

Right. But let the record show that I didn’t start the segue.

There is already a very lengthy thread which I keep updating from time to time.

minions_laughing

Oh @dsmart, you tease.

Yes/No question: Do you have a source for this information about “recent events” other than Brad?

I’ll go way out on a limb here and predict that Brad has told Steam he’ll shoulder liability if they re-list SC:O.

Not sure why GOG hasn’t re-listed it. Might just be their usual inertia.

That’s not a long limb to go out on. Stardock indemnifying Valve/GoG would be a pretty logical next step for them to take.

The GoG situation is a little different from the one with valve since there’s the bit about failure to indemnify from the atari/gog/p&f agreement for selling the classic games. Though that might not impact the DMCA situation at all.

Derek Smart, PhD, you haven’t heard a rap 'till you heard it from me quit being a twat.

If you have something useful to add to the Star Control thread, please do so.

Otherwise, just keep the happy hate machine rolling in the Star Citizen thread.

There’s plenty of animosity and IANAL here already.

Love,

Justice Roberts
TrademarkCopyright Expert

I’m hoping for some unsubstantiated triple-down on P&F aren’t the real creators of SC1&2 thing.

But yeah, I think it’s a real misread of the room to think that any of us expect some kind of huge ending to this vs some kind of settlement that we don’t know the full details of other than the fact that Brad will probably lie about them a lot.

If a settlement deal includes a privacy clause prohibiting either party from revealing the terms of the settlement, and one party just “reveals” a bunch of made up stuff that’s not in the settlement at all, does the tree falling make a sound?

I was trying to draw Derek out, so I’ll have to go one better:

Brad photoshopped Paul & Fred out of the old Star Control development pictures taken at Accolade and substituted himself into them. As both individuals.