The Third Doctrinal War -- Stardock, Reiche/Ford, and Star Control

^this is the excerpt I was referring to. Your run-on sentence made it appear as if this new/latest letter from Stardock to Valve & GoG is part of some new indemnification. I was saying that it’s not new, and that there is an indemnity clause already in the Steam licensing agreement.

You don’t need to explain the misunderstandings and assumptions you make about the clear simple things people write. Just stop doing it.

Now, do you have any actual news to share?

He always has news he can’t share but you can rest assured that once news events occur he’ll be the first to let you know that they were things he already was aware of.

He should make an AES+Base64 encoded post detailing what he knows, and then post the key once it goes public. That way he could prove that he wasn’t just BSing.

I think he has his blog for that?

OK, let’s go…

This is what you posted:

The last part of that sentence was muddy enough to suggest that you were inferring that the letter referenced in the first part, somehow “confirms” that Stardock “has” indemnified Valve. Instead of posting a litany of nonsensical bs, if you were paying attention several posts ago when I mentioned that the DMCA take-down had nothing to do with an indemnity clause (which already exists), you would have used “had” instead. In other words, your runoff combination appeared to suggest that the indemnity was recent or in concert with the aforementioned letter. That inference is patently false.

My response was to - again- mention that the Steam agreement already comes with an indemnity clause (9 lines long) which Stardock agreed to before Valve approved their account, and any of their games hit the store. The letter had nothing to do with that. The stores took down the game in compliance with DMCA requirements; and they have zero legal obligation to put the game back up even after the vendor complies with any such DMCA action.

Your passive-aggressive intimidation bs is for those other guys. Don’t forget who you’re dealing with.

Yes.

Except I’ve never actually ever done that. Cite your sources.

That’s not even fake news. That’s just a pissy editorial in Twitter format.

And they say game journalism is dead!

Derek,
I’m missing a little here, are you saying you’re jumping ship to Epic for any future works?

Also, any thoughts on why anyone should make an either/or decision here? Wouldn’t the best bet be for a company to choose -every- store front possible? I wouldn’t think an exclusive deal would be worth the loss of more visibility to customers that only ever visit one store.

LOL!! Well he asked if I had news. He didn’t specify what type of news :)

It’s not about jumping ship. Plus, you can’t just get a game on EGS; you have to be invited by Epic to participate. But yeah, if they asked, I would definitely publish there. It’s not like I have anything to lose.

My thread was just my opinion on the brewing Steam v EGS and how some gamers have taken a tribal approach, while picking sides.

As I mentioned in the thread, exclusives are all about money. However, in the case of EGS, it’s a lot more than that. The other two factors in play are discovery and no community bs (on the store page) to deal with. Both of those are currently a major issue on Steam.

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/1090643987441045507

@dsmart
You should cross post to the Epic Store thread :)

Why do I get the feeling that you’re setting me up to get tasered? lol!!

Anyway, got a good link to the thread?

Not really a setup, there is just a lot more discussion going on there related to your tweet roll comments.

EDIT: Sorry, not your comments directly, Derek, rather the subject itself.

OK thanks. Will pop in and say you guys sent me. So when the sparks start flying, they know who to blame.

(post withdrawn by author, will be automatically deleted in 24 hours unless flagged)

Some of us enjoy Derek’s input into this thread (and the Star Citizen thread) and I can’t see anything he has said or done to warrant this response.

Agreed. Maybe take it down a notch?

I like when he actually comments on the topic. The trolling needs to stop. Stuff like the recent nitpicking words to create an arguement over what the person meant by them is getting old.

I’ve been repeatedly insulted with terms like “coward” for not wanting to engage in the strawman arguements he seems desperate to assign to me. I’m really not giving anything I haven’t taken.

Happily deleted.

Forgive my finally getting sick of his shit.