The Third Doctrinal War -- Stardock, Reiche/Ford, and Star Control

We’ve known about that, though; P&F moved to quash it last April.

One thing I don’t see on Stardock’s list: Anyone who might have a plausible competing copyright claim to SCII.

Stardock also subpoenaed Rob Dubbin, the guy who interviewed P&F at GDC 2015. I wonder what they’re trying to get out of him?

Rod called Brad a poopyhead or something.

Goddamn, Yak, you delete fast. I try to click threads with your name as quickly as possible, but to no avail!

Huh? The post is right there! /joke

I’ll end you!

The googles show me this:

I’d assume he’d be questioned about whether Paul or Fred put him up to making those tweets or something along those lines.

How is his motivation for tweets relevant to the case for chrissake? This is just bullying via subpeona.

I assume it ties into things Brad said here like:

Which is pretty hilarious considering all the various tweets he’s been making that I won’t bother to dig up.

Forget the tweets, he publicly filed a lawsuit accusing them of being liars and frauds.He’s literally filed a legal document in the court accusing them of being con men. You don’t really get to clutch your pearls after that.

Sure, I’ll happily defend his right to try to make that case, but what does that have to do with this copyright and trademark case?

It does come down to how Stardock is desperate to find angles to demonstrate damages. Given the lackluster sales, and the uphill battle trying to prove that sales would have been some multiple if not simply for the GoTP announcement, they have little choice to try throw everything possible into the complaint as they have.

They will try to push the theory that everything, every bit of damage Stardock has done to itself and its reputation, has a root cause in P&F’s actions and so they deserve not only millions from the lost sales of SC:O P&F caused, but millions more due to the coordinated campaign to fraudulently damage Stardock’s reputation.

Or basically, it’s P&F fault that Brad decided to go and personally alienate half the fan community. They made him do it. So for everyone who commented on the internet that they’d never buy a Stardock game again due to, say, the threats against the UQM community, P&F owe Stardock not only for a copy of SC:O but for any and all future games they won’t be buying.

Can we post dick pics in this thread?

Truly the best dick pic.

LOOL. Maybe in 1998. Those numbers are waaaay off.

Yeah, I already admitted upthread I was lowballing things. What would you pin things at? ~300 for most junior people on the team and in the 700-800 range for the partners? Or is even that way too low these days?

Today in things I expected:

is now a redirect to their home page. Could be another DMCA claim, or it could be they’ve decided being in the middle of this mess is just not worth it.

Someone on the Star Control reddit posted this:

Suing someone over a web page that was edited to remove a trademark at your request was such a good idea. Stardock is truly playing 8-dimensional chess.