The Third Doctrinal War -- Stardock, Reiche/Ford, and Star Control

Thank you. I cannot believe 2 years have passed since all the drama and legal action. Time flies.

Part of the settlement stipulated that they could not talk about their own sequel for those two years since then.
The Frungy message is just a vague note that you can interpret as them still being interested in making their sequel, posted at the earliest date they were allowed to.

Concerning sequel content, while I was disappointed in SC3 as a whole it did have some good bits as well.
I thought some of the alien histories were interesting, even though many were underexplored.

• The microscopic hive mind civilization that speculated it evolved out of precursor bioweapons.
  • Two species that co-evolved a symbiotic relationship, with on of them being food of the other.
  • The Doog being stupid and taken advantage of in itself was not super clever. But putting a spacefaring species into an eternal debt trap is not too far-fetched (it’s still happening for nations today on Earth at the very least) and has some potentially neat political/story avenues.

IT IS A THING

But I was recently informed that Ghosts of the Precursors and getting sued was all for show, and those lazy guys never intended to do anything!