Liberals also say and do stupid shit

Recently had a discussion about whether or not Yglesias is an idiot.
I present exhibit 8,003,432.

This woman has literally never held elected office, at all, but we should totally change the constitution so that she can become President of the United States.

One of the awesome “arguments” for why she should be president? That she has a cool nickname. This is literally a thing he says.

One good sign that AOC should run for president is that she has a nickname — AOC.

A House Democratic staffer told me the other day that “ACO” was a good example of something, and I knew exactly who she meant despite the error because there aren’t any other members of Congress who have widely recognized nicknames that you would just drop into casual conversation.

Is having a nickname a sign that you would exercise good judgment in the Oval Office? Absolutely not. But it’s proof positive that she’s an honest-to-goodness political superstar, and it’s clear that’s what many Democrats are looking for in 2020.

On some level, this article is so profoundly dumb that I feel like it’s got to be satire… and yet, I don’t actually think it is. It appears to be totally real.