Liberals also say and do stupid shit

I’ve heard of all of those things except that last two, but I wouldn’t doubt either of them even without links.

Yup, same here.

Shutupshutupshutupshutupshutup. :)

Seriously, though, that shit makes my head hurt.

This might make your headache worse.

One of those is the internal policy of a British political party.

I knew you’d deliver!

But is anyone actually saying this though? As far as my googling abilities got me, I only managed to find this brochure: http://hrc-assets.s3-website-us-east-1.amazonaws.com//files/assets/resources/Trans_Safer_Sex_Guide_FINAL.pdf which describes itself as “This is a safer sex guide for transgender and gender expansive people, and for our partners and lovers.”

And the terms are defined in the context of that brochure, with the following caveat:

“We, as trans people, use a variety of words to describe our gender and our body parts, and these words can be very unique and personal. There’s no one right way to refer to our bodies, but to keep things consistent in this guide, we’ve decided to use the following words in the following ways.”

To me, that sounds very far from trying to a) force the use, or even b) apply it to anyone outside the trans community.

I mean, there’s plenty of stupid things said on the internet so that we don’t have to intentionally misinterpret things in order to get outraged about them

Ah, not any more. The Right now also wants the state to do their violence.

It’s also referenced in the NYTimes here. but there are plenty of examples of issues around words and concepts relating to the female sex because of sensitivities around gender, and yes it does get stupid at the extremities.

Didn’t someone get in trouble for doing the Vagina Monologues because not all women have vaginas?

Yup. I suppose Felicia Day also got her share of “cisnormative” hate over her Vaginal Fantasy show.

I have seen a higher amount of anti-Flouride and chemtrails whisperings from local left-wingers lately.

Also, The Sheeple brigade. Big Media Control. Big Pharma. Death By Wi-Fi. Very much cross-spectrum wackiness though.

In my experience, I tend to find these people more often than not aren’t true left-wingers (government intervention to better society), but rather extremist libertarian loons (note: most Libertarians are NOT loons). They have “self-determinist”/left leaning social ideals (“I choose for my life, so leave me alone, government!”) paired with an unhealthy belief in whatever conspiracy theory paints the big bad government … well, big and bad. That said, nuts are to be found in many varieties. I prefer honey-roasted.

Every person who voted for Jill Stein.

I found a lot of the weird stories coming out of college campuses now to represent the lunacy of the left. Sure, some of them can be explained away but man there is a lot of crazy going on around the country.

I like how that person voting for Stein thought her running mate was a woman.

In 2012 when that was posted, her running mate was a woman.

College campuses are pretty terrible in this respect.

Ah ok, my bad.

So she was voting for Stein over Obama’s second term.