Liberals also say and do stupid shit

DUP are virulently homophobic religious reactionary lunatics who are also a loyalist terrorist group, and its politicians are currently engaged in sectarianism and actively trying to ethnically cleanse a Belfast estate of Catholics.

I’m not sure what the UK’s draconian anti-incitement to hatred legislation has to do with ‘Europe’.

The authorities would be more lenient with her if that My Little Pony mural in the background had masked ponies holding AK-47s.

Quoted from Politico

"There’s a more intriguing electoral battle in New Jersey this fall, and it’s pitting the state’s largest teachers union against its highest-ranking Democratic state official, Senate president Steve Sweeney.

Over the protests of its traditional Democratic allies and some of its own members, the New Jersey Education Association has endorsed Sweeney’s Republican rival, who voted for President Donald Trump and has supported the deeply unpopular Christie, who once said a national teachers union deserved a “punch in the face.”

NJEA spokesman Steve Baker says the union’s members “support candidates who share their values and whose records demonstrate that” — Democrat or Republican.

“Our concern is with the people who get elected, not the party that they belong to,” he said.

“This [fight] is bigger than Steve Sweeney,” adds Ben Dworkin, director of the Rebovich Institute for New Jersey Politics at Rider University. “The NJEA is demonstrating: ‘This is what happens if we feel betrayed by you.’”

The bad blood between NJEA and Sweeney dates back to 2011, when the South Jersey Democrat struck a deal with Christie — who brags about being the NJEA’s “Public Enemy No. 1” — to overhaul pension and health benefits for state public employees. The union says the move meant a net loss in workers’ take-home pay."

I am strongly pro-Union when Unions function as part of a broad-based movement to improve the lives of middle and working class Americans. But this is a good example of a union looking out for its own perceived very short term interests and engaging in a political vendetta. I mean, in the age of Trump, a teacher’s union endorsing a Republican for state level office? Jesus wept.

At least they aren’t propping up a minority Conservative government.

Oh, wait.

Not really “liberal” stupidity, but kind of PC gone too far type of stuff. Maybe.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2017/10/18/google-maps-pulls-cupcake-calorie-counting-feature-after-backlash/?wpisrc=nl_rainbow&wpmm=1

Google Maps recently tested a feature that showed users how many calories they could burn if they walked a route instead of driving it. To illustrate those calories, the app said how many mini-cupcakes a person would burn during the jaunt.

Many, though, expressed outrage, claiming the feature could be a trigger for the estimated 30 million Americans with eating disorders, pointing out that compulsive calorie counting is a warning sign of some disorders such as anorexia. Others said the feature made them feel unfairly judged or shamed.

I’d wager that the dumbest liberal stupidity of all is the insane Fat Positive movement. There is nothing good about being fat. It’s not beautiful or affirming. It’s deadly and costly and tragic. Some folks may well be hampered by genetics or circumstance, but that never makes being overweight something to celebrate or glorify.

It’s so dumb. And emblematic of the insane backlash from things like “don’t put a moral judgment on overweight people, you don’t know their circumstance and being fat doesn’t make you bad or evil or stupid” alllllll the way over to “fat is beautiful! Stop fat shaming me! Triggered!”

Barf.

I’m very fat and I know it proves I’m stupid

It’s because you cook food that is too delicious.

You need to open up the food truck dude, so that you end up having to work yourself to death preparing the food for other folks.

I second this

Armando on every corner!

That would be a pretty great America, sign me up.

I feel like this is the grimdark hellscape endgame of Liberal Stupidity… Sign me up!

Armando on every corner is the future liberals want.

Fuck yeah.

We need a chicken in every pot and an Armando in every garage.

That ends up with “healthism” where doctors oppress fat people by insisting that being overweight and having a bad diet is unhealthy. It also falls into the conspiracy category, that “overweight is unhealthy” is part of a global conspiracy from doctors and thin people.

As someone who was/is overweight (im halfway to target weight) and now has stents in my blocked arteries in my mid 40s I just want to run up to these people and tell them just how fucking wrong they are, and just how much they are going to regret believing this nonsense.

I mean Ralphie May’s death at 45 is totally normal and expected for a healthy person.

Ralphie May was potentially killed by how chronically annoying and unfunny he was though.