Liberals also say and do stupid shit

I am the one being disenfranchised. I live in a gerrymandered blue state district. It’s my choice to live here. I don’t blame anyone but myself. Sorry, but I have little sympathy for others who make the same choice I do.

On the contrary. Ever since Trump’s election I have been hopeful and emboldened that finally people are starting to fight against the insidious rot that has taken over this country.

Based on what? Because the exact opposite has happened across the board.

Also taking fucking Armando seriously when he rants about people on the right is like taking Hannity seriously on… anything.

I am very doubtful.

There was good news on the anti-gerrymandering front today. A special master is going to be redrawing NC’s legisilative districts, saying the GOP screwed it up too many times to get another chance. NC might end up having fair districts.

I mean, he thinks mother-fucking Julian Assange is a credible source ffs.

He thinks Armando is a credible source.

That there is literally an army of Armandos out there that literally want to kill him and are going to do it.

That’s a medical condition that needs to be medicated.

You realize that your argument isn’t making any sense at this point, right?

You already acknowledged that gerrymandering is bad. Here, you acknowledge that it is disenfranchising voters (you yourself).

The obvious, rational course of action in your situation is to say that gerrymandering should stop. That’s the obvious, right choice.

But you are ignoring it for some reason, and instead literally shifting blame to the victims of the policy, who are simply voters, suggesting that they should… Move?

Can you think of any reasonable argument that makes sense in your mind for why you want gerrymandering for blatantly partisan advantage should be allowed to continue? Can you verbalize it?

On some level, you are manifesting the very criticisms that have been leveled against the GOP. You are supporting the disenfranchisement of voters, explicitly.

“Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.”

Even better, it’s safety from something imaginary. So give up liberty for… nothing really. Fuck it.

I think folks need to lay off the antagonism towards Malthor, because he’s been here a long time and I don’t think he’s actually irrational on this.

I think that he’s going to see that this is wrong, just through a calm, rational discussion about it.

I’m intrigued - how do they pick the mapmaker?

I always take fucking Armando seriously. rawr

Because Malathor has ever argued in good faith here. Why don’t you invite insert useless long-gone poster back here to liven up P&R. He was here “a long time” too.

Uh… read what he’s been writing. He comes off like Hannity on meth.

Nothing he has stated has been rational and he’s never argued in good faith on anything in the past anyway.

1 + 1 = 2. He’s off his rocker, deep in the Fox News/Breitbart juice box. I’d love for him to prove me wrong, but he’s talking like a crazy dude on the corner screaming the “End is Nigh.” When asked to clarify, he tripled down on that.

His answer was “I support evil policies because liberals want me to die and I’m scared.”

Sounds like he needs a psychiatrist. The draino meme was just a meme, bro. Timex doesn’t really want to set a deadly trap for you.

I agree with Timex; though his views are probably unsupportable, his demeanor is civilized.

I live in the middle of Republican oil country. I live in the most Republican district in the nation. Virtually everyone out here thinks Obama is the devil, to one or another degree. Some believe this with AM radio-fueled, teeth grinding anger, some just accept it as part of the Truths of The World but otherwise just go about their day.

I’ve found it still possible to slowly chip away at their presumptions. I’m never going to get them to vote for Democrats, but it is possible to get them to stop supporting Trump.

Most of them see this as a kind of unfulfilled quid-pro-quo. They’ve bought into the narrative that Obama is the “worst President ever” yet (in their minds) were “respectful” to him on behalf of the office. Now they see liberals declaring Trump to be the “worst President ever” and in their uninformed opinions all they see are liberals not holding themselves to the same standards they held. Because they see the world as team sports, us vs them, zero-sum games, they assume liberals think the same way as well. It is possible to chip through that opinion by pointing out all the things Trump has done that aren’t just business as usual (for example, failing to appoint only 1/3 of senior officials). It’s also useful to point out non-American editorial opinions on Trump like the Economist.

Even if Malathor is not engaging here in good faith - and i think he is from his perspective as he isn’t really flooding the forum with confrontational posts - that doesn’t mean we can’t still engage in good faith ourselves.

To a degree, that’s FUD propaganda at work. I do blame the right wing media far more for this as they’ve been preaching hate for decades to the degree that liberals are bigger enemies than the Russians. I see the more extreme left wing as a response to the hate machine and counter productive.

The court picked him. He’s charging half his usual rate too.

I made that silly image as a parody of the insane meme’s I see shared on FB every day. It wasn’t meant as a threat to anyone on the board or anywhere else.

That’s not going to stop hysterical right-wingers from getting triggered, alas.

Won’t someone create a safe space for Malathor and his crypto-Trumpists friends?

But you’re happy to support a party that gives political power to people that hate others, including other American citizens, and would rather see many of them dead/deported/rendered powerless.

Do you simply not see the change that has occurred in the Republican party? How it’s gone from a political party to damn near a cult ideology? You say Democrats/Liberals hate you and want to see you dead. Excepting Armando’s sarcastic comment in this thread, that is certainly not true. What we want is a Republican party that is willing to come back to the center and work towards bi-partisan solutions that serve the needs of everyone. This ridiculous Us vs. Them mentality is a no win situation for people like us (you and me, common American citizens). Right now the only people benefitting from what the Republican party is doing to itself are the people who own Fox News, Brietbart and other Conservative Media outlets who profit off the division and fear, and the extremely wealthy who profit off the ability to get legislation beneficial to them (like these upcoming tax cuts) passed in an environment where the news cycle is so chaotic that nobody has time to really put legislation under scrutiny and see just how bad the Healthcare/Tax Cuts/Immigration bills being voted on really are for EVERYONE.