Liberals also say and do stupid shit

Standard curing of bacon uses a standard mix of salt and sugar, even full on ‘back to earth’ home cure. More its a sweet cure bacon. This is also for proper British bacon no the thin stuff served in the states.

That’s not to say many supermarkets will add poor ingredients and elevate levels of sugar and or salt but I’d suggest that you can take off the foil hat.

Uncured bacon is the best bacon. Try it, it will change your life.

Wow. The actual commercial product being referenced deserves a direct link:

Microbes outnumber human cells in the body 10 fold.

Don’t worry, he cites that source! His citation is a pinterest page.

Oh thank goodness! I was wondering what that ten-Bradley-sized mass was that keeps following me around. It’s just all my microbes!

Just wondering, if someone was overly concerned about how healthy the food is they put in their mouths, would bacon be on the menu?

There’s really no such thing. Bacon is, inherently, cured and smoked pork belly. “uncured” is a marketing term for “no nitrates”, but there’s always a little asterisk that says something like "except for the naturally-occuring nitrates found in blah blah blah (usually from celery powder).

You may like the way a given brand of “uncured” bacon is seasoned or smoked - not all bacon is the same, and there are some excellent bacons that call themselves uncured - but it’s kind of a bullshit category.

I suppose it’s possible that you could find a bacon that was just salted and smoked, but I’ve literally never seen that for sale.

Or just buy some pork belly slices, I suppose.

Sure, but that’s not bacon.

I’ve never been angrier at my butcher than when I had them keep some of my pork belly unsmoked and they still sliced it. Sliced, uncured, pork belly is not the most useful thing to have.

It crops up a decent amount in Asian cooking, so I’m not opposed to it, but I was kinda kidding around ;-)

Yeah. I ended up having to dip into korean to use it up, but I was really hoping to do confit again.

All I can think of is:

This. The science-minded people over at Cooks Illustrated wrote an article about it and sent a bunch to the lab for testing, as just one example.

And the Applegate Farms Uncured Sunday Bacon averaged more than three times the level of the regular bacon: 35 ppm nitrite (and nearly as much nitrate, at 44.3 ppm)

That is the best bacon you can get at the grocery store so whatever these nitrates are, they’re delicious.

This is good information.

I’ve seen uncured bacon at the store, but never bought it, because when I buy bacon I specifically want cured meat.

I saw “uncured” and assumed it meant it was essentially just raw pork belly.

I’ve bought some “shoulder bacon” which is quite good. More meat than the regular bacon, but still enough fat to taste awesome.

Why didn’t he just get the license instead of trolling everyone? I mean, I’m sure there are also good drivers out there who don’t have a license.

Are you trolling everyone? Getting a license to practice engineering isn’t as simple as getting a driver’s license. Requiring an engineering license to even talk about technical material is just retarded.

Why would he need a license? He’s not pursuing anything commercial in the state for engineering. He’s using knowledge and math to point out problems with these cameras, and they deemed it illegal. It’s ridiculous. Any one should be able to question the way we do things and if they have the knowledge and math to back it up, all the better! I don’t care what they call themselves.

Yeah, they tried to say that you couldn’t DO ENGINEERING. Like, you couldn’t fucking do math unless you were licensed by the state.

Which is patently absurd.

No hat here.

Methinks you see hats everywhere?

And have I started the bacon revolution?