Liberals also say and do stupid shit

I fucking hate the “take one still of people who are constantly videoed and photographed and make fun of them for making a derpy face or whatever” genre of political media. Ugh.

So weird, this is probably the most humanizing thing I have seen of Pence. Visiting Auschwitz-Birkenau basically wiped me out mentally for a week. Looking unhappy is what any person with a shred of humanity should look like when seeing the reality of the horrors that our species has inflicted on itself.

Yeah. Walking into a building where a family member was tortured makes the stories suddenly very alive. My son’s face was in tears.

Even though I’m a full blown SJW now i still can’t get too het up around identity politics in pop culture.

Not whilst I’m seeing massive issues at an institutional and systematic level post Brexit/Trump.

I get why some do, small steps, cultural change and all that but I can’t find the energy to regard Black Panther as the be all and end all of race activism that some seem to.

Now there are lots of dumb liberal celebrity takes, but I found this one particularly humorous.

And it’s completely true.

Yep, and it’s too bad we can’t retroactively impeach Obama, who was the President when all of this occurred.

Obama actually brought it up to congress and asked them to help him do something in a bipartisan way.

I agree that Obama should have done something unilaterally when the GOP refused, but his doing nothing was (he believed) in the interests of preserving the People’s faith in democracy.

Yes, here is a Washington Post article from 2016 on this very subject:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world/national-security/obama-orders-review-of-russian-hacking-during-presidential-campaign/2016/12/09/31d6b300-be2a-11e6-94ac-3d324840106c_story.html

Obama wanted to do something about this in a bipartisan cooperative way. McConnell then threatened Obama against going it alone.

According to several officials, McConnell raised doubts about the underlying intelligence and made clear to the administration that he would consider any effort by the White House to challenge the Russians publicly an act of partisan politics.

I wouldn’t be displeased if all of those members who refused to act were impeached.

Quaint if anyone thinks that actually matters to today’s so-called conservatives.

He did (do something). Closed the Russian embassies and kicked out the diplomats and spies. And that’s only the public stuff:

One fascinating revelation is that the White House did not simply punish Russia symbolically by expelling “diplomatic” personnel. It also fought fire with fire via a covert, retaliatory cyber operation.

On its face, a secretive and ambiguous action seems an unlikely choice for deterrence. As when President Trump used the “mother of all bombs” in Afghanistan, standard U.S. procedure is to issue loud and clear warnings to adversaries. While the details of Obama’s cyber operation remain classified, The Post’s reporting suggests that it was designed to be detected by Moscow and to imply Washington’s ability to inflict severe damage should Russia’s meddling increase. Thus, this particular covert response may have allowed the White House to threaten its adversary without creating a public spectacle and the domestic and international consequences.

He also ensured that the investigation wouldn’t be buried just because it couldn’t be completed under his Administration.

It’s totally Obama’s fault that the Russians helped Trump and also that Trump’s campaign specifically sought assistance from Russia, which we absolutely know happened, with 100% certainty.

But, you know. No collusion. Also Obama’s fault.

Lol you guys are talking to @Malathor

As a liberal, I will concede that anything Lawrence O’Donnell says has a better than average chance to belong in this thread.

Holy crap… bullet speed as a measure of… WTF? Yeah, that’s a solid on-topic contribution to the thread. (no sarcasm, that tweet is dumb.)

Yep, that’s some significant stupidity.

Of course, arming teachers is a terribad idea, but that’s not why.