Liberals also say and do stupid shit

Part of it is personality. Maddow comes off as a nice, happy person. O’Donnell ranges between smug and mean-spirited. Olbermann is a rage-fueled asshole.

O’Donnel is crazy biased, but nowhere near what Olberman was. That dude is straight up nuts.

I agree with this. Maddow is obviously intelligent, and I want to agree with her, but her way of explaining something is almost painful. She will take 10 minutes to explain what should take 3-4, it’s as though she thinks her audience isn’t capable of understanding her.

Yea, Olbermann is just straight out nuts. His last run pretty much proved that. He just can’t get past the hate he feels.

The stunning tax document show that was an hour building to nothing was the breaking point for me with her. I used to enjoy quite a bit her show back when she first started up.

Is this just a symptom of working in “the business” too long, where the quest is ultimately for ratings instead of reasonable reporting and truth?

At least the tax show got her a ton of viewers.

I did not appreciate her lead-up either, but when I look at all the other people on TV, her issue seems so incredibly minor I question why anyone would say it’s a breaking point. I mean… look at the others… mostly men, who just do and say horrific things and call it news.

I still watch Maddow when I can. I get some people don’t like being lectured, but I’ve always enjoyed it. And yes, the tax thing was stupid, but as Nesrie said it’s such a small thing in the vast landscape of journalistic overreactions.

Maddow’s style kind of grates on me, plus her show comes on much later than I’m usually in the car so I rarely hear it. The tax thing was pretty ridiculous but not a dealbreaker for me.

Eh, Maddow’s lead-ins can sometimes be a bit labored, but they can also be interesting and educational. She’ll often spend a bit of time creating some context, even if it’s pretty tenuous, through some bit of history. I sometimes learn something, which is more than I can say than for any other commentator/pundit.

She also occasionally makes me laugh (on purpose). I listen to her show via podcast once or twice a week. Otherwise, I don’t watch or listen to MSNBC these days. News in general is too depressing.

You know who was awful? Ed Schultz. His instant surveys used to crack me up. “Do you think the GOP should be allowed to murder gay people, or should they not? Text your response to…”

Google tells me he is now hosting a show on a Kremlin-backed news agency. Hah. Nice timing there, Ed. Stuck with your principles, for sure.

Well, it’s not like I “watch the others” either.

I’m pretty much a BBC + NPR kinda guy, don’t much like the talking heads. Maddow used to be a different breed, but not so much anymore.

the Middle East question

Interesting word choice.

This boondoggle is the embodiment of today’s Democratic Party.

Stupid libcucks! Don’t they know they only good way to spend $77 billion is by buying seven more aircraft carriers!

That will jump to $100b by the time it is finished, if it ever is. A true waste of money. Wait until they start tearing up the the south bay and parts of LA to put that track in, and then listen to the screaming and watch the budget soar.

I’ll see your little train and raise you child marriage.

http://thehill.com/homenews/state-watch/377367-tennessee-gop-kill-ban-on-child-marriage

Maybe they were inspired by Call Me by Your Name, or transgender kids on puberty blocking hormones?

Yes, I’m sure the fine Tennessee legislators blocked a child-marriage prohibition because they want to encourage gay romances in Italy.

Satire??

This guy actually thinks he’s the first person to invent being a hermit.

I almost envy him and his low blood pressure.